Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360) Pics

Johnny_Physics said:
And this last part goes out to a lot of other newish posters: Please, please, please let us try to preserve this place as a worthwhile forum where you can read about technology without any type of war-mongering going on, so take a minute and think about what you're going to post.

QFT. I'm a refugee from another forum where literally every single post about consoles (news, technology, etc) turns into Sony vs Microsoft (and much of it is mod-induced!). You can't even talk about Cell there. I'm enjoying being in a forum where I spend more time reading than writing to shut idiots up because here, I'm pretty much an idiot compared to most people.

some full auto screens for comparison:
3848.jpg

3822.jpg

3839.jpg

http://xbox360.gaming-universe.de/news/492.html

Looks alot better to me.

scooby_dooby said:
Looks alot better to me.
If you have seen the latest video for Full Auto (to be found elsewhere on this forum) you would have to agree that it doesn't have the physics of Burnout. It looked very rigid, especially considering the type of game. I only mention this because in my earlier post I brought up physics and the dynamic aspects of Burnout. I think Burnout does this quite well, but it could be even better. You really get the jolt feeling when the cars slam around and crash in the most spectacular way imaginable. (love it! heh)

Scooby are you saying Full Auto looks (graphics only) better than Burnout:Revenge so far? If so WOW! :oops: Nice to finally agree on somthing.
icon14.gif

mckmas8808 said:
Scooby are you saying Full Auto looks (graphics only) better than Burnout:Revenge so far? If so WOW! :oops: Nice to finally agree on somthing.
icon14.gif

The Full Auto demo seems pretty bleh!

Nothing like those screenshots.

Phil said:
I'm willing to take a bet that Burnout will be running at 60 fps...

Hello all this is my first post!

I was at the CES show and actually was able to play Burnout on the X360. It was a demo but I played for almost 10 minutes and it was a great game visually and the audio was awesome. The booth cranked up the volume and the game drew quite a crowd.....good times ahead.

mckmas8808 said:
Ahhh maaan. I hope more people don't feel like you.:cry:

I played the full auto demo, and while it looked nice because there is a lot of stuff breaking all the time.. I was not impressed at all.

Phil said:
I'm willing to take a bet that Burnout will be running at 60 fps...

IGN said:
IGN: Will it run at 60 frames per second, and how long will the load times be?

Matt Webster: It's Burnout and that means it's at 60Hz. For load times, they'll be as short as we can possible make them.

Me too! :)

valioso said:
I played the full auto demo, and while it looked nice because there is a lot of stuff breaking all the time.. I was not impressed at all.

So youre saying it looked nice but werent impressed. Were you unimpressed by the graphics even though the destruction was well done or unimpressed by something else?

the demo doesn't look as nice as the latest screens that's for sure, also the destruction feels a little fake, like everything is made from plywood or something, if they kick up the visuals to look like these latest screens it should be a pretty fun game.

mckmas8808 said:
Ahhh maaan. I hope more people don't feel like you.:cry:

C'mon most of the 360 launch line-up was pretty bleh!

Fight Night looks like the first release to really show what next gen can do.

I had to use the NBA Basketball game to show-off my 360 over Christmas because so many of the other launch titles were so unimpressive.

If you jump from showing someone Burnout Revenge on the Xbox in 480p to PGR3 on the 360 in 720p the difference is not big enough, plus the 30fps really hurts that game.

Really wanted to enjoy co-op PD0, but we ended up starting a new game of Halo 2 instead. Pretty despressing to spend £££££ on a new console and be playing a year old game on it instead of a launch releases. Shame there is no co-op in Call of Duty 2.

To me it looks like the classic launch period cash in. At least it's not as bad as Activision "efforts".

Actually if they alleviated the horrendous load times of the current-gen version, this might be worth of a purchase.

Vysez said:
To me it looks like the classic launch period cash in. At least it's not as bad as Activision "efforts".

Actually if they alleviated the horrendous load times of the current-gen version, this might be worth of a purchase.

It's like Tony Hawk's Pro Skateboarding 2X all over again, only worse I am afraid... :(

But then again, releasing new titles takes time and they need to gap the period somehow. For people with a Xbox 360, already planning to purchase the title, this is of course a good thing. But it won't be more than a visually upgraded current-gen title. Is this really worth the surplus in price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back