World Airforce Trailer - WOW!

Shadows

scooby_dooby said:
The lighting and smoke effects are pretty amazing, looks so real.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8872&type=wmv

I feel it is like Ace Combat 5 with very nice self-shadows. Ace Combat 5 has only little bit self-shadow. But city is pretty bad with not so many buildings and bad texture and "waves" of ocean are not so great especially is bad for area where ship is touching the water. But high resolution is very nice, Ace Combat 5 resolution is very bad.

I work for the World Airforce.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies.

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

But trust me.... You don't.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you dont know what you are talking about.

This is how bad info gets passed around.

If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.

Cuz some B3D'ers belive anything they hear.

:p ;) :p

Frame-rate

cthellis42 said:

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you dont know what you are talking about.

If you are allowed I would like to know what is frame-rate of this game? Also, what is your role for this development team?

I hope my comments have not been hurtful to you for this is not my intention. Some times I might say things I feel and forget there are people who might be affected by these comments. Yet at same time also sometimes it is good to have outside opinion to see public reaction no?

Overall the game looks nice, only reservations I have is the textures on everything else besides the planes looks, not well blended. The Carrier deck could be sharper, the surface of the earth look nices high up I have to say. The smoke effects seem last gen, mainly on the carrier's catapult, so many puffs, needs to look more like this or like this. But hey, at least we have carrier take offs! I hope the landing is a lot easier than Top Gun for NES.

But I bet this game development will improve it over time. When is it due out anyways?

But overall this game looks to be fun and the graphics remind me a lot of LOMAC. Hope it has the A-10 or F-35.

Last edited by a moderator:
cthellis42 said:

Man can we get this post stickied? I mean seriously.

I feel you cthellis.

Responses like those are in every single Xbox 360 game thread, it gets tiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ bouy: You do realize you're comparing this game to real-life right? ;)

@ Karam: Lets wait til we've seen a high-res version of WA before making a judgement...

Hardknock said:
Man can we get this post stickied? I mean seriously.

I feel you cthellis.

Responses like those are in every single Xbox 360 game thread, it gets tiring.

Oh come on, whats tiring is this lame strawman defense of acting like everytime there's a negative reaction toward your "console of choice" its somehow predisposed that there's an agenda behind it. That seems to be a running theme on this forum lately. Cant someone just be negative about a way a game looks or plays because thats actually how they may feel the actual product, regardless of the platform its on? Yeah I know, sounds crazy doesnt it. Bringing out the old "you have no idea what you're talking about" is an even lamer cop-out in my book.

And hey, guesswhat? World Airforce looks pretty underwhelming visually to me. No joke, thats how I really feel! Excellent looking jets, dig the smoke and clouds, but as noted the terrain, water, architecture doesnt look like much of a jump compared to what Namco was doing on the PS2 raw detail wise. Im expecting a bit more out of a next gen dog fighter. But I guess I must have an agenda or something.

Well liverkick, judging from that low-quality video wasn't a smart thing to do in the first place. Secondly, you can't expect a dev to render an entire world in insane details in a game like this. It would take far too much time.

But anyway just like you state your opinion on how crappy the game looks to you, I can state my opinion on what I've observed in countless threads (and from the usual suspects no less).

Hardknock said:
Well liverkick, judging from that low-quality video wasn't a smart thing to do in the first place. Secondly, you can't expect a dev to render an entire world in insane details in a game like this. It would take far too much time.

The res is decent enough to give a solid impression I think. Scooby seemed to think so at least. And true, there are constrains to this genre, Im not expecting PGR3 level detail on the cities or anything. But Im honestly expecting a bit more than this. Would it be too touchy to say I cant wait to see what next gen Ace Combat looks like? ;)

Hardknock said:
But anyway just like you state your opinion on how crappy the game looks to you, I can state my opinion on what I've observed in countless threads (and from the usual suspects no less).

That may be the way you feel, but I dont see the purpose it serves to blanket everyone with disingenuity everytime someone has a negative remark about a 360 game. It just creates more bad vibes. State your take on a game good or bad and move on.

Understand that 360 is the only next-gen console out at the moment, and its going through the early launch phase transition. Naturally its going to have a lot of focus on these forums, and a bit of a bullseye on its back is par for the course. Dont worry, you know there's plenty here chomping at the bit to rip apart the PS3 launch lineup to shreds when the time comes. ;)

If you notice I haven't disagreed with any of the negative comments in this thread, just trying to bring some perspective is all. I don't mind negative comments, it just seems some people go out of their way to find something wrong.

liverkick said:
Understand that 360 is the only next-gen console out at the moment, and its going through the early launch phase transition. Naturally its going to have a lot of focus on these forums, and a bit of a bullseye on its back is par for the course. Dont worry, you know there's plenty here chomping at the bit to rip apart the PS3 launch lineup to shreds when the time comes. ;)

Very true, I normally wouldn't have said anything about it, but with cthellis having actually worked on the game I felt compelled to let him know that this is an everyday occurrence and to not take it to heart.

I also think from that video that it's not jaw dropping or anything, but I atleast have the decency to wait for a better quality vid before making judgement though...

ihamoitc2005 said:
If you are allowed I would like to know what is frame-rate of this game? Also, what is your role for this development team?

I hope my comments have not been hurtful to you for this is not my intention. Some times I might say things I feel and forget there are people who might be affected by these comments. Yet at same time also sometimes it is good to have outside opinion to see public reaction no?
<laughs>

No, sorry. I'm just being silly and sharing one of the more lame (and ridiculed) Fark responses I've ever seen for the fun of it. For some reason it seemed fitting... ;)

Back