woot got a mobo and cpu today

Moloch

God of Wicked Games
Veteran
3200+ 939 and a msi neo4-F for 260USD~
I was surpcied at the good pricing for brick and mortor store.
Prolly get a 6800GS to go with it next week since they also have a 6800gs for 220 (xfx).
This small shop by my wanted 250 cheapest for one :oops:

digitalwanderer said:
Sweet, great deal! :D
ya should be a bit faster than my 2500+ and 6600gt;)
I think more importantly I can upgrade to a dual core cpu in the future if I wanted t, and i have pci-e which should last for a while.
Of course amd is moving to M2.. but I think a 4800+ X2 should be fast enouguh for a while.

I think AMD is releasing Quad Cores this year, not saying you should get that, but it should drive prices of dual cores down when that happens.

They also slashed prices on their whole CPU line in November like 2 weeks after I got my 4400+ X2 and I was kinda pissed but it was only a 23 buck difference. It would have sucked if I went for a non dual core though.

bouy said:
I think AMD is releasing Quad Cores this year, not saying you should get that, but it should drive prices of dual cores down when that happens.

They also slashed prices on their whole CPU line in November like 2 weeks after I got my 4400+ X2 and I was kinda pissed but it was only a 23 buck difference. It would have sucked if I went for a non dual core though.
ya quad core cpus.. hmm.. games have enough trouble using dual cores.
More for servers I'm assuming.

radeonic2 said:
ya should be a bit faster than my 2500+ and 6600gt;)
I think more importantly I can upgrade to a dual core cpu in the future if I wanted t, and i have pci-e which should last for a while.
Of course amd is moving to M2.. but I think a 4800+ X2 should be fast enouguh for a while.
It will be, I made the jump from my 2400+ to 3000+ A64 Venice a while back and still couldn't be happier. :)

I'm also planning on doing the dual-core thing down the road, when it's a lot cheaper and I need more CPU power. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
It will be, I made the jump from my 2400+ to 3000+ A64 Venice a while back and still couldn't be happier. :)

I'm also planning on doing the dual-core thing down the road, when it's a lot cheaper and I need more CPU power. ;)
Well my only concern is the msi neo4 mobo since I could have gotten the asus A8N-E if they had the 3000+ in stock- would be same price about with the 3000+ and it as it is for the 3200+ and the msi, the asus is an nforce 4 ultra chipset board as opposed to the standard NF4 on the msi.

bouy said:

I beileve quad cores are still a year away, at the earliest I see is end of this year. But no sooner than that, I'd be surprised if it happened this year.

radeonic2 said:
Well my only concern is the msi neo4 mobo since I could have gotten the asus A8N-E if they had the 3000+ in stock- would be same price about with the 3000+ and it as it is for the 3200+ and the msi, the asus is an nforce 4 ultra chipset board as opposed to the standard NF4 on the msi.
My NF7-S died and I needed a new board in a hurry, so I got the Gigabyte K8NS ultra-939 and have been really pleased with it. :) One of the more solid mobos I've had and it ain't real picky on memory and lets me mix, a really sweet little surprise.

digitalwanderer said:
My NF7-S died and I needed a new board in a hurry, so I got the Gigabyte K8NS ultra-939 and have been really pleased with it. :) One of the more solid mobos I've had and it ain't real picky on memory and lets me mix, a really sweet little surprise.
Well with my curreny nf7-s I'm mixing some cheapo 512MB pny pc3200 and some corsair xms 3200C2, dual channal even since it didnt work when I had it in single channal mode.
According to cpuz, they both have the same SPD values:oops:

Back