Who still listens to Queen?

John Reynolds said:
I do not think you understand the meaning of the word legion. :p

But, yea, great, truly unique voice.
Perhaps he means that Freddie's voice is the equivalent of a whole legion's voices singing in harmony? (I'm in a charitable mood:D )

Zod said:
Perhaps he means that Freddie's voice is the equivalent of a whole legion's voices singing in harmony? (I'm in a charitable mood:D )
Close. I chose that particular useage of "legion" from the title of Zelazny's book "My Name is Legion" which is similar to what you described...but you really gotta read the book to get the full flavor of it.

Read it back when I was about 12 and it really stuck with me for some reason.

digitalwanderer said:
Close. I chose that particular useage of "legion" from the title of Zelazny's book "My Name is Legion" which is similar to what you described...but you really gotta read the book to get the full flavor of it.
"My Name is Legion" is actually a biblical reference, where Jesus purportedly asked the name of a demon who was possessing a small boy, and the demon replied, "My name is Legion," stating that it was not one demon, but many. Jesus then proceded to drive the demons out of the boy. The demons immediately posessed a bunch of pigs nearby, which ran into the water and drowned themselves.

Chalnoth said:
"My Name is Legion" is actually a biblical reference, where Jesus purportedly asked the name of a demon who was possessing a small boy, and the demon replied, "My name is Legion," stating that it was not one demon, but many. Jesus then proceded to drive the demons out of the boy. The demons immediately posessed a bunch of pigs nearby, which ran into the water and drowned themselves.
Really? I didn't know that was the origin of the term, thanks. :)

Why did the possessed pigs drown themselves?

Queen rocks. I always do the Wayne's World thing with such hair as I have left at the switch in Bohemian Rhapsody. :LOL:

/me still listens to queen

some of the songs have much deeper meanings, if you actually think thru it (or listen to the song like 500 times, either way it works)
either that, OR i just percieve things that aren't intended...:(

It isn't logical of the demons to go and kill the bodies they're possessing. No, that's just pro-christ propaganda FUD, trying to paint demons as stupid and irrational. :LOL:

Btw, wtf (as in why) were there a flock of pigs nearby? Pigs aren't kosher afaik.

digitalwanderer said:
Really? I didn't know that was the origin of the term, thanks. :)

Why did the possessed pigs drown themselves?

Because when unclean spirits set themselves free by killing the pigs. They then would have fled to "arid places" regaining their strength to attack somewhere else later.

Yes, that’s actually in the new testament as well when Jesus explained what happens to cast out spirits.

Guden Oden said:
It isn't logical of the demons to go and kill the bodies they're possessing. No, that's just pro-christ propaganda FUD, trying to paint demons as stupid and irrational. :LOL:

Btw, wtf (as in why) were there a flock of pigs nearby? Pigs aren't kosher afaik.

Actually you are right to question why the pigs were there. They should not have been raising pigs. They counted money more important than following the law of mosses. So when their entire livelihood killed themselves they came down and asked Jesus to leave their region.

Which is a sad statement. Something that stupendous happens in front of you and instead of reevaluating your life, you chose to blow off the opportunity and ask God to get lost. Which is basically what 99% of the population does today.

Actually i should have also mentioned that the daemons beg Jesus to cast them into the pigs so that they could then free themselves. Jesus could have cast them into Tartarus. I have no idea why he granted them their wish. Probably because during His first coming it was not time for the smack to be laid down yet.

Its really a statement of mercy. If God can have mercy on demons even though they are already ultimately condemned how much more can he have mercy on you who he died for?

Back