Killzone Prerendered E3 Trailer Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I feel all this news about PS3 Killzone being prerendered (even if it is or not) seems like an elaborate hoax!?!

Two guys with less than 30 posts between them (with no NDA) suddenly bring up Killzone being prerendered…I smell bullsh**.

The video seems like a hack job of E3 digital video and possible LightWave3D Killzone assets. It looks like someone overlaid E3 Killzone footage over supposed LightWave3D Killzone assets.

Whoever this Jeremy character is…it seems the Killzone still shots were all of suddenly taken down off the site!?!

I smell BS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nerve-Damage said:
Why do I feel all this news about PS3 Killzone being prerendered (even if it is or not) seems like an elaborate hoax!?!

Two guys with less than 30 posts between them (with no NDA) suddenly bring up Killzone being prerendered…I smell bullsh**.

The video seems like a hack job of E3 digital video and possible LightWave3D Killzone assets. It looks like someone overlaid E3 Killzone footage over supposed LightWave3D Killzone assets.

Whoever this Jeremy character is…it seems the Killzone still shots were all of suddenly taken down of the site!?!

I smell BS!!
Man, just accept it, it's all CG.

pso said:
Misquote? I don't know about that. You could download the video from IGN and fast forward to 3:40 mark and he basically answered the question he was giving about Killzone directly.

Edit: Anyways, it doesn't really matter now. At the time when I first saw the live interview, I found his answer funny. :)

No you see that's the problem, you don't see that they talked about I-8 just before that, and Tretton goes on talking about it, but not the interviewer. They show killzone on the tv, but Tretton doesn't see that. He's talking about I-8, why else would he mention Ted Price?

Well I've known of Jeremy and watched him develop as a 3D artist for
a number of years. I can vouch for his character on a reasonable level.
If he says that's his work in Lightwave that leaves very little room for
doubt in my mind.

If this was a hoax the term "very elaborate" would indeed be needed
to describe it.

I'm sure Gorilla has already caught wind of the uproar that happened and is still being felt due to the Killzone 2 Demo. The fact that they haven't come out and stated that it was actual gameplay is telling.

Though, there has been NO new PS3 info for quite a long time. Its obvious that Sony and various (infact all) PS3 developers are holding back on information so they can throw it at us over the span of a short time.

Eagle-Vision said:
Man, just accept it, it's all CG.

I have no problem in believing that Killzone was prerender or not…….

I have a problem when I smell BS!!

So I guess the video of Xbox 360 being hacked by a PSP should be believed too!?!

There are too many discrepancies in that video on that site…….

The still shots had them (all of suddenly there gone) explain that!

Nerve-Damage said:
I have no problem in believing that Killzone was prerender or not…….

I have a problem when I smell BS!!

So I guess the video of Xbox 360 being hacked by a PSP should be believed too!?!

The Killzone Demo is on another level though. You've got a Demo that is said to be gameplay or target renders (so many different answers for the Demo) and was shown at a major Exposition to millions of people

That Xbox 360 video (being hacked) is just some random video someone made on the net.

weaksauce said:
No you see that's the problem, you don't see that they talked about I-8 just before that, and Tretton goes on talking about it, but not the interviewer. They show killzone on the tv, but Tretton doesn't see that. He's talking about I-8, why else would he mention Ted Price?

Ah, so this is a quote but taken out of context?

That would make more sense as a reasonable explanation as to why
something like that would have been said during an interview.

BlueTsunami said:
The Killzone Demo is on another level though. You've got a Demo that is said to be gameplay or target renders (so many different answers for the Demo) and was shown at a major Exposition to millions of people

That Xbox 360 video (being hacked) is just some random video someone made on the net.

This still doesn’t answer my question…

Where are all the still-shots that where located on the site? The still shots had major discrepancies!!

I find all this so funny just a week or so away from the major PS3 CES event and February Sony event.

Just look at the dudes signature.

When you say PS/PS2 has great games... You'll know you have been brainwashed!!!

Sorry but I've been gaming for 17 years and I know great games when I play them. The PSOne and PS2 have had more great games then any two systems before them. Any 5 systems combined in fact.

Your just full of it. I'll have a good laugh when the next Killzone footage is shown and it looks stellar.

Nerve-Damage said:
The still shots had them (all of suddenly there gone) explain that!

There are a number of plausible explanations that could explain this.
The one most prevalent in my own mind would be the scenario in
which Jeremy has read this thread and decided not to rock the boat
or encourage any possible repercussions. Keeping your customers
happy is more important than being in the right for being in the wrong
with the display of any particular work.

Tesselator said:

Ah, so this is a quote but taken out of context?

That would make more sense as a reasonable explanation as to why
something like that would have been said during an interview.

What was quoted was correct but either Tretton doesn't know what killzone is, or he didn't get that the interviewer was talking about killzone. Anyhow, he ment that I-8 was gameplay. Atleast that's what I think. If it was killzone it makes no sense to why he says Ted wanted us to make sure...

Its also good to note that even Hideo Kojima showcased the Killzone video as " what is possible on the PS3" during the MGS4 demo at the very end when Otacon explains the Cell processor to Solid Snake.

If Konami thought the video was faked I don't think they would have used that trailer in the MGS4 video.

centerofadmiration said:
If Konami thought the video was faked I don't think they would have used that trailer in the MGS4 video.

I think it was more of a *Wink Wink* *Nudge Nudge* type of scenario. It is pretty cool that they integrated it at the end, I also wonder if it means anything.

*shrugs*

centerofadmiration said:
Just look at the dudes signature.

Sorry but I've been gaming for 17 years and I know great games when I play them. The PSOne and PS2 have had more great games then any two systems before them. Any 5 systems combined in fact.

Your just full of it. I'll have a good laugh when the next Killzone footage is shown and it looks stellar.

"Stellar" and identical are two very different things. I'm quite certain
that it will look stellar. I'm equally certain however, that it will not
look identical and actually on some of the effects, not even close!

Regardless saying that people are "full of it" is quite rude and in my
opinion, reprimandable! Is there no moderation here?

Tesselator said:

There are a number of plausible explanations that could explain this.
The one most prevalent in my own mind would be the scenario in
which Jeremy has read this thread and decided not to rock the boat
or encourage any possible repercussions.
Keeping your customers
happy is more important than being in the right for being in the wrong
with the display of any particular work.

BULLSH**!!

The shots had so many discrepancies; even a blind man could see them.

I’m surprised no one else in this thread caught them!?!

Moving footage is harder to break down and judge, while (hoax) still-shots are easily recognizable.

weaksauce said:

After listening to the interview, here is his full answer:

"Interviewer: So it is gameplay, all that stuff is all gameplay?

Jack Tretton: It is gameplay. I mean beyond great gameplay, I think we have the opportunity to tap into worldwide development resource. Cause when you mention something like Killzone, that's of our? sister company over at Europe."

Here's an article from IGN stating the same thing:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/618/618430p4.html

"Despite the above details, however, the biggest controversy about the game has been the nature of the drop-dead gorgeous trailer that ran at Sony's E3 press conference. Is it real-time or is it rendered? The official answer from SCEA Vice President Jack Tretton is that it was real and actual gameplay, but SCEE Executive VP of Development Phil Harrison has stated that some of the trailers during the presentation were rendered using in-game assets. We're leaning towards Harrison's answer right now until we can play the game for ourselves -- but either way, the trailer rocked."

I guess some people interpret his answer in a different way that IGN and I listened to. :)

Edit: What Jack Tretton said about the Killzone demo is no different than what MS stated about the Xbox with "Toy Story" graphics. Lies, PR spin, whatever you want to call it, all the same IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
pso said:
After listening to the interview, here is his full answer:

"Interviewer: So it is gameplay, all that stuff is all gameplay?

Jack Tretton: It is gameplay. I mean beyond great gameplay, I think we have the opportunity to tap into worldwide development resource. Cause when you mention something like Killzone, that's of our? sister company over at Europe."

Here's an article from IGN stating the same thing:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/618/618430p4.html

"Despite the above details, however, the biggest controversy about the game has been the nature of the drop-dead gorgeous trailer that ran at Sony's E3 press conference. Is it real-time or is it rendered? The official answer from SCEA Vice President Jack Tretton is that it was real and actual gameplay, but SCEE Executive VP of Development Phil Harrison has stated that some of the trailers during the presentation were rendered using in-game assets. We're leaning towards Harrison's answer right now until we can play the game for ourselves -- but either way, the trailer rocked."

I guess some people interpret his answer in a different way that IGN and I listened to. :)

Edit: What Jack Tretton said about the Killzone demo is no different than what MS stated about the Xbox with "Toy Story" graphics. Lies, PR spin, whatever you want to call it, all the same IMO.

Hm, maybe you're right. But it doesn't make sense about Ted.

But is it really Sony that's making all this? I mean, doesn't guerilla decide what to show? Sure they're apart of sony now, but stil..

Nerve-Damage said:
BULLSH**!!

The shots had so many discrepancies; even a blind man could see them.

I’m surprised no one else in this thread caught them!?!

Moving footage is harder to break down and judge, while (hoax) still-shots are easily recognizable.

Well I'm quite certain Jeremy would not put up a hoax as a qualifying
demonstration of his abilities as a CG artist. And since that's what
those images were intended for I would have to deduce that they
are legitimate. I have an extensive background as CG artist myself.
I'm very well versed in Maya, XSI, and Lightwave. Understanding
the process that a 3d piece goes through from the time of its
conception to its commission, delivery, and still yet for inclusion in
the artists own portfolio may be the key in understanding the
discrepancies you see between those still shots and whenever
video you're comparing them to.

Suffice to say regardless - the full video that was presented by Sony
is currently impossible to produce in computational real time by the
PS3 or even the XBox 360 for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back