Killzone Prerendered E3 Trailer Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
tema said:
Sony wanted a full blown next generation Killzone trailer, Lightwave3D was the fastest for this short notice. What dubert doesn't tell you is all assets and supervision came from Guerilla-Games.

You are a liar.

I suspect he is a liar as well. No professional is this unprofessional, firstly. And secondly, if lightwave was indeed used for the Killzone next trailer, you can bet all employees of Newtek would be under NDA with Sony and Guerrilla Games. Dubert, haven't you seen how other verified Devs have handled themselves on this forum? Not anywhere as blunt as you have been.

His postings would be massive violation of that said NDA.

ROG27 said:
I suspect he is a liar as well. No professional is this unprofessional, firstly. And secondly, if lightwave was indeed used for the Killzone next trailer, you can bet all employees of Newtek would be under NDA with Sony and Guerrilla Games. Dubert, haven't you seen how other verified Devs have handled themselves on this forum? Not anywhere as blunt as you have been.

His postings would be massive violation of that said NDA.

Why would we be under NDA from Sony or Guerilla?
They buy the software and use it. They are nothing more than customers.
LightWave is NewTek's software not Sony's, so how could they have any say on it?

On another note... here is a thread on a LightWave user forum you should read.
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9904&highlight=killzone
William aka Proton, just happens to work for NewTek. And he is also a teacher at DAVE school.

tema said:
Sony wanted a full blown next generation Killzone trailer, Lightwave3D was the fastest for this short notice. What dubert doesn't tell you is all assets and supervision came from Guerilla-Games.

You are a liar.
So you're confirming it was rendered in lightwave?

ralexand said:

Yes, that is what I've heard. I can't be 100% sure until I actually hear it from a person involved in creating it. But I think I can trust William's word on it...

tema said:
You just found out you had an old Beyond3D account?

Yes, I'm not that active on any forums. But I drop by occasionally, when I have the time from the busy schedule and all.

dubert said:
Why would we be under NDA from Sony or Guerilla?
They buy the software and use it. They are nothing more than customers.
LightWave is NewTek's software not Sony's, so how could they have any say on it?

On another note... here is a thread on a LightWave user forum you should read.
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9904&highlight=killzone
William aka Proton, just happens to work for NewTek. And he is also a teacher at DAVE school.
So you're basically inpersonating someone else.

Axsider said:
lol
Naughty Dogs game, Factor 5, a special SCE WW/SCEI title, Evo Studios game, and so on)

How is Naughty Dog's game shaping up? I've heard they've dumped the cartoony settings of their previous PlayStation games in favour of a realistic setting, with human characters. Should be very interesting what ever they show next, as they have always pumped out top-notch visuals on the PlayStation platform.

ralexand said:
So you're basically inpersonating someone else.

No, what gave you that idea?
I do work for NewTek on lightWave3D, if that's what you're suggesting.
I am a contractor for them.

Axsider said:
Because it's true. You are a joke, liar and a "hater"! And that's it! Nice try, boy!
bye

Now that is just offensive. This is exactly why I don't go to forums that much anymore.

dubert said:
Well the impression you were giving was that you had first hand knowledge that it was indeed prerendered.

ralexand said:

It is to specs. ;)
Axis may have tip the action over the scale, it still represent what you will see next generation.

dubert said:

Oh so now you are a contractor, and not an employee?

By the way NDA can go any which way...from supplier to customer and vice versa. Sony is not just any old end-user customer of Newtek products...that would be a business to business venture on the megacorporate level and I'm sure they are bound under contract with specific rights and restrictions with which both parties must adhere...this can certainly include NDAs.

I'm not even questioning whether or not Killzone was prerendered target video because I'm sure it is...I'm just trying to figure out if you are credible or not. Signs are pointing to no.

ROG27 said:
Oh so now you are a contractor, and not an employee?

By the way NDA can go any which way...from supplier to customer and vice versa. Sony is not just any old end-user customer of Newtek products...that would be a business to business venture on the megacorporate level and I'm sure they are bound under contract with specific rights and restrictions with which both parties must adhere...this can certainly include NDAs.

I'm not even questioning whether or not Killzone was prerendered target video because I'm sure it is...I'm just trying to figure out if you are credible or not. Signs are pointing to no.

Ok, but how would a customer send an NDA to the developer of a software they have no involvement in?

They bought licences from NT, and they just use the software, they are "end users". How could they tell NewTek what to say, and what not to say? They wouldn't even have to tell anyone in NewTek that it is LightWave they used for rendering.

And saying that I'm a contractor for NT, is not a breach of NDA. But what I cannot tell you is what I'm working on, and what features, other than the ones in the preliminary feature list, are going to be implemented, etc.

You're being a bit skeptic here. Are there no other developers from companies or studios here?

Warning

Axsider said:
Because it's true. You are a joke, liar and a "hater"! And that's it! Nice try, boy!
bye
This is uncalled for, Axsider.
Name calling, or disrespecting someone's word is not allowed, in any circumstances.
If you want to discuss his claims, or ask for precisions, you can do it, but only in a polite manner.
dubert said:
Now that is just offensive. This is exactly why I don't go to forums that much anymore
Well, if you didn't bump a 5 month old thread about RE5, just to say what we all know, that the KZ trailer was renderered with an offline software, and just to say:
dubert said:
Hehe, my sig is just to agravate you Sony ******s, since your fanaticism is really getting out of hand...
Maybe some people would react more civily to you and to what you say.

Isn't this topic (killzone's prerenderedness) a bit old to get all worked up over?

What is wrong with you guys?

Vysez said:
This is uncalled for, Axsider.
Name calling, or disrespecting someone's word is not allowed, in any circumstances.
If you want to discuss his claims, or ask for precisions, you can do it, but only in a polite manner.

Well, if you didn't bump a 5 month old thread about RE5, just to say what we all know, that the KZ trailer was renderered with an offline software, and just to say:

Maybe some people would react more civily to you and what you say.

Granted, I apologize that I were too blunt.
Maybe I wasn't raised very well...

But clearly some people did not know it was prerendered.
And if trailers like that lift their expectations too high, and is the reason they are waiting for a specific system, I thought it would be good to enlighten them a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back