The PS3 Opportunity You Didn't know You Had:

Asia Game Show Link:

The four-day expo will offer over 500 booths, showing us how “Everything Digital” is possible. It is the best opportunity for digital entertainment technology, product and service providers to connect with partners, distributors, resellers, press and most importantly - the digital generation - over 300,000 old and new customers who all coverge at 4th AGS & DEE Asia 2005 for the latest products and technologies during Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pebbles?

Update:

Credit: VG Aficionado

Sony made a strong appearance with a substantial PS3 theater, which unfortunately had no live demonstrations. Having a VIP badge and being ushered to the front of the line without waiting would have been even cooler if they'd shown more than pre-rendered footage of upcoming PS3 titles. Sure, the games looked cool, but without offering much more to the attendees than what we've already seen online or at E3 during last summer, I'm not entirely sure why they wouldn't allow cameras. Some games look more exciting than others, with a few obvious titles targeting Xbox 360 upcoming releases. Gears of War is going to see heavy competition from the PS3's Gears-of-War-meets-Call-of-Duty style titles that we saw at E3. Biohazard 5, also known as Resident Evil 5, is going to be awesome when it hits both the 360 and PS3, that's pretty obvious.

But ultimately, besides being able to stand less than a foot from the PS3 in person, there was little more to do than ogle the system and move on. Because I lost my digital camera the first day I was in town and had to rely on my video camera to produce still images, the quality of my ogling - from your perspective - was even in question. It looks like E3 might be our next real opportunity to see what the PS3 can do, and hopefully by then they'll finally have some substance.

Other interesting elements abound, but few jumped out as being absolutely remarkable... except one, which you don't get to hear about yet. It gets its own series of articles, and doesn't come in the form of a consumer product at all. But you're going to like it, trust me. It's called Pebbles. You'll have to wait to hear about that, though.

After the first full day of going from booth to booth, the AGSDE Expo Asia 2005 may have already surrendered its only major media gem in Pebbles, which you'll hear about after an interview or two that's scheduled for tomorrow.

But stay tuned. Pebbles was discovered, tucked away in the corner, after most of the main floor had already been seen and seen again. Maybe another hidden excitement is there waiting to be found.

Maybe there's more than one hidden talent that Nintendo should have on payroll.

Hmm...I can't really think of anything then. It can't be the EyeToy, it can't be an add-on. I'd say maybe the online system, but I doubt it would be PlayStation Pebbles.

Maybe it's a game engine?

EpicZero said:
Hmm...I can't really think of anything then. It can't be the EyeToy, it can't be an add-on. I'd say maybe the online system, but I doubt it would be PlayStation Pebbles.

Maybe it's a game engine?

The author states he will be giving more info/details about Pebbels (I hope they change that name). Anyhow cant wait to hear what it is................

It gets its own series of articles

Titanio said:
It does not seem clear to me from reading that article that it ("Pebbles") is PS3-related at all..

I have to agree, it didn't seem like it had anything to do with PS3, or even Sony. Who knows though...

Sounds like more of a tease to keep people coming back to read. I don't think Pebbles is PS3-related, or I didn't get the impression at least. And the fact that the author chose to give zero details or info on Pebbles leads me to believe that it's just a carrot on a string. I'll check back here tomorrow, but I don't have my hopes up.

One thing of note, did the DS3 lose its "concept" tag now? I don't see the placard in the pic on the website. PEACE.

MechanizedDeath said:
Sounds like more of a tease to keep people coming back to read. I don't think Pebbles is PS3-related, or I didn't get the impression at least. And the fact that the author chose to give zero details or info on Pebbles leads me to believe that it's just a carrot on a string. I'll check back here tomorrow, but I don't have my hopes up.

One thing of note, did the DS3 lose its "concept" tag now? I don't see the placard in the pic on the website. PEACE.
After reading the entire article, I'd have to agree.

Nope, it's still there:

http://static.flickr.com/37/76940648_3af948f6bb_o.jpg
(Picture taken from another forum)

But stay tuned. Pebbles was discovered, tucked away in the corner, after most of the main floor had already been seen and seen again. Maybe another hidden excitement is there waiting to be found.

Maybe there's more than one hidden talent that Nintendo should have on payroll.
It sounds like an NDS game, or some other toy not related to PS3.

A bit off-topic, but there seems to be other cool stuff at the show, this sounds interesting:

This session will focus on the development of a car-racing game played in a virtual Hong Kong environment. The car-racing game uses a hemispherical display, 4 metres in diameter, to provide the player with the feeling of being immersed in the game environment and therefore enhances the reality and excitement of the game. This racing game will lead the player through the streets of Wanchai, Admiralty and Central of Hong Kong.

http://www.deeconference.com/DEEA_SP.html

I`d really like to see that.

mckmas8808 said:
Nerve keep posting some updates. I want to know what pebbles is.

I would if I could.....

It seems the author has been away from the site (i.e. no updates).

But I'll go search some other forums for some new news!!

After i have done some research, here are what I found:

Basically, the Playstaion showing is pretty much like TGS, ie PS3 movie theater, main focus on PS2 and PSP games, and Playstaion Spot for contents download
So nothing ground breaking...
The show itself has a few HK celebrities, and some contests and fun events, and of course booth girls.

http://www.games-onasia.com/show/ags05/ags05.htm (report with a lot of photos) (Big5)
http://www.gaforum.org/showthread.php?t=129480&page=8&pp=25 (more photos, 56K warning, photos server could be down before you have a chance to visit it) (Big5)
http://www.asiagameshow.com/big5/program.html (official Timetable) (Big5)
http://game.sina.com.hk/event05/ags/ (report with more details) (Big5)

I understand well chinese, but there nothing worth for me to tell regarding PS3. But if you have specific you want me to translation, i can provide some help.

Back