Famitsu gives DOA 4: 10/9/9/9

inefficient said:
DOA4 going to sale at $70 in Japan!

And people thought $59.95 was too much...

Ohh No! So it is matching DOA 3 and the other DOA game in price and a lot of other PS2 and Xbox games. :rolleyes:

But is it just me, or Japanese reviewers are a little biased toward Japanese developed games than non-JPN (in terms of scoring)?

.Z

dead2312-(2).jpg

dead2312-(1).jpg

dead2312-(5).jpg

dead2312-(7).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the scroing system is 4 reviewers each giving a score or is each # for an aspect of the game (i.e. graphics, gameplay, etc.)?

Deepak said:
I hope 360's power allows ripping of cloths (if any)......atleast...:devilish:

The only clothing you can lose in DOA is your hat/cap. ;)

But then there's always some bikini's in the costume selection menu. ^^

expletive said:
Does anyone know if the scroing system is 4 reviewers each giving a score or is each # for an aspect of the game (i.e. graphics, gameplay, etc.)?

It's just 4 overall ratings from the different reviewers.

Evil_Cloud said:
The only clothing you can lose in DOA is your hat/cap. ;)

But then there's always some bikini's in the costume selection menu. ^^

That is so lame, with next gen power, ripping of cloths should be piece of cake.....cloth simulation.....mmmm! Kasumi....;)

In Lysander's first couple pics posted it's obvious that there is some kind of motion blur going on, but in the second batch there is none. Does anybody know if this game will use motion blur? Is it possible it was turned on just for high-quality PR shots? Or possibly turned off just to see the static images more clearly in the second batch?

Shark Sandwich said:
In Lysander's first couple pics posted it's obvious that there is some kind of motion blur going on, but in the second batch there is none. Does anybody know if this game will use motion blur? Is it possible it was turned on just for high-quality PR shots? Or possibly turned off just to see the static images more clearly in the second batch?

The second batch he posted are older screens. The first batch is the most recent. Motion blur is during gameplay, but only on powerful hits. Also you can check out motion blur all the time + Depth of Field and other options in 'photo mode'.

Hardknock said:
The second batch he posted are older screens. The first batch is the most recent. Motion blur is during gameplay, but only on powerful hits. Also you can check out motion blur all the time + Depth of Field and other options in 'photo mode'.

Thanks for the clarification. That is pretty cool that you can do 'photo mode' and see all the graphical bells and whistles, like in Gran Turismo 4 and PGR3. I will probably never actually play it, but it's still cool.

DOA4 looks like a definite stand-out in the early line-up of 360 games. Any sense when the release date is now? The game looks good though, no doubt. I can't deny my own fondness of the series.

Bad_Boy said:
Isnt it supposed to come out tommorrow? I might be wrong, I dont really keep up with DOA.

ATM, it will be in stores on Friday in NA. Clearly though, these dates are subject to change. :)

Back