Half-Life Remake for Source: Black Mesa Source

Colour me interested, doubt I'll finish the remake, the ending of the original wasn't my taste at all.
As for sound/music, KILL THE CRAPPY LOSSY FORMATS ! :p

I voted yes.

There are a lot of old games that I wish would get a modern skin put on them. Half Life is definitely one of them.

I voted yes as well. I still don't understand why Valve didn't make this project official in some capacity. The screenshots I've seen clearly show some major talents are/have been involved.

Black Mesa is pretty awesome so far. I'm a few minutes past the first appearance of the Hound Eye.....

The amount of work put into it to keep it authentic and respectful to the original but on par with HL2 in terms of interactivity is mind boggling. So much work has gone into it and it certainly shows. If it doesn't win ModDB mod of the year, son, I will be disappoint.

How do I install this via steam
I do a search and black mesa doesnt show up all that shows up is half life and awakenings
going to steam workshop turns up nothing for source sdk or black mesa
going to the black mesa homepage says I need source sdk installed but looking on steam there are 3 of them
source sdk
source sdk base 2006
source sdk base 2007
what done do I need ? or do i need all 3 ?
edit: need Source Sdk Base 2007

The installer searches for your Steam installation.

It found mine and my install is on an external HD.

Edit: I downloaded the installer from a gaming site and I have a source powered game (Portal 2).

Black Mesa now shows up in my Steam Library.

It's not actually released on Steam yet it would seem from the wording on the Greeenlight page for Black Mesa. Wonder how long it will have to take for them to get it out...

It's not on steam yet, but it's pretty easy to install, just make sure you have SDK 2007 and download the 3GB file from BMS website... there is an exe which will take care of installing the game, after that just start your steam and Black Mesa will be on the list (as a non-steam mod)

it's interesting that on the Half Life 1 page on steam there are news related to the BMS release.

as for the mod, it's great, really impressive, I was expecting less.... I finished it and enjoyed every single moment, it was a bit refreshing to play a game like this,

It's a cross between puzzle and action, with some story telling, well it's Half-life...

Seems to me today's game are restricted in their (gameplay) scope compared to good old HL, they are either action packed or puzzles only or heavy story telling, but rarely mix them together.

Liked what I played, not finished it though, Marines got the better of me ;p

Back