New Mistwalker RPG: Cry On

New action rpg from mistwalker:

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2417_en.html

943_0002.jpg

943_0003.jpg

Is Mistwalker owned by Microsoft? The reason why I am asking, is it possible for any of their titles to come over to the PS3?

Some details from 1up:

Currently at work on various Mistwalker games, developers Cavia (known for the Drakengard series), Artoon (remember Blinx?), and Feelplus (churning away on Lost Odyssey), are joining together under a new publishing label called AQ Interactive. AQ stands for artistic quality, something the developers hope to excel in with their three new titles for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

The first game announced is an action-adventure game by Cavia called Bullet Witch that's currently 40% finished and will be released in the summer for Xbox 360. In the game, players control a witch dishing out guns, magic, and giant grotesque demons to fight those in her way. Every stage will reportedly have a graphical element to give it an epic, film-like appearance. For instance, one stage will have meteorites crashing down, causing the stage to take place in a sea of fire.

The second game revealed was Vampire's Rain from Artoon. Players control Los Angeles vampire hunter John Lloyd part of a special military force sent to eliminate the night creatures on the city's outskirts. The team is supposedly doing their best to create frightening vampires. "Recently, vampires have become less and less scary. We want to bring back the fear of vampires from when we were children," they said.

Vampire's Rain will also include an online mode where players won't know who is a vampire, adding tension to the battles. The game is planned for a winter release next year on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

The final announcement concerned another collaboration with Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mistwalker company for a game called Cry On for Xbox 360, an action RPG with a scenario devised by Sakaguchi and music by Nobuo Uematsu, also composing the music to Mistwalker's other console games. Cry On is an action RPG where players take on the role of a young female warrior receiving help from a giant being made of sand. The two will solve puzzles and battle as they move through the story.

Though the game's scenario is only 50 complete at this point, it carries a hefty 10 million dollar budget, so there's no reason to expect anything other than the big budget looks that have accompanied the other next-generation Mistwalker projects.

It all sounds good to me!

Sounds like MS is a more serious about Japanese dev support. I kinda wonder what they see in Cavia though cause they aren't exactly top of the bill.

3roxor said:
Sounds like MS is a more serious about Japanese dev support. I kinda wonder what they see in Cavia though cause they aren't exactly top of the bill.
I don't think that is fair. It could be that Cavia has lacked to proper funding and direction to create something that people will actually like. Mistwalker and Microsoft offer both. I do think that Microsoft played a big role in the creation of AQ interactive and will continue reap most of the benefits from the company.

hmm action-rpg from mistwalker, so from the look of it blue-dragon will be mistwalker's dragon quest-esque game for shonen-jump reader crowd(since manga and anime is supposed to follow the game's release), lost odessey will be more of an serious dark final fantasy 8-ish game targeted towards adults and cry on will be their zelda-type action adventure game. It look like mistwalker covered all bases, now all microsoft hope is that mistwalker also creates next pokemon so they can finally make it big in japan.

This range of games has potential; let's see if they deliver. But if so, it could be good times at MS. Japan aside, a strong block of original JRPG IPs might be just what I need to nudge me towards a 360 purchase, and I'm sure other Westerners who went to Sony in the first place over the Final Fantasy defection. Assuming of course they'd ever come to the US anyway that is.

But back to Japan, not only do they have to be good, competetion from teh PS3/PS2 has to be light enough that they make an appropriate splash. Speaking of, are there any RPG's announced to-date for PS3?

xbdestroya said:
Speaking of, are there any RPG's announced to-date for PS3?

None has been announced yet, but I wouldn't doubt that there is something in the works from the usual suspects(probably)

xbdestroya said:
Speaking of, are there any RPG's announced to-date for PS3?
From TGS list:

Idea Factory Shinten Makai VI Simulation RPG
Atlus Shin Megamitensei Series RPG
Gust New Role Playing Game RPG
Cavia New Action RPG Action RPG
Konami New Role Playing Game RPG
Success RPG RPG
Sunrise Interactive Sunrise Eiyuu Series 3D Simulation RPG
Sony Computer Entertainment Angel Rings RPG
Sony Computer Entertainment Monster Carnival Action RPG
Takuyo Master Project Action RPG
Namco New RPG RPG