Serenity on DVD

Oh yeah I meant to mention, I ended up watching Firefly and Serenity a few weekends ago in a blitz and really enjoyed 'em. :)

My sister talked my Mom into making her "Jayne's hat" (from "The Message") for Xmas, I'm thinking of having her whip me up one in EB's colors just to look like a total lunatic. :cool:

I got a few questions though, should I post them here or start a *SPOILERS* thread.

digitalwanderer said:
Oh yeah I meant to mention, I ended up watching Firefly and Serenity a few weekends ago in a blitz and really enjoyed 'em. :)

My sister talked my Mom into making her "Jayne's hat" (from "The Message") for Xmas, I'm thinking of having her whip me up one in EB's colors just to look like a total lunatic. :cool:

I got a few questions though, should I post them here or start a *SPOILERS* thread.
Feel free to PM me :D

Questions? About the series or the movie? If the series, I'd think here is fine. . .

geo said:
Questions? About the series or the movie? If the series, I'd think here is fine. . .
Kind of both, my sis set me straight on the big one I walked away from the movie with about River though so I'm pretty good.

Did we ever discover what the deal was with the Shepard that made those soldiers suddenly take him in and give him medical treatment after seeing his ID card? That's one that's sort of gnawing at me.

digitalwanderer said:
Did we ever discover what the deal was with the Shepard that made those soldiers suddenly take him in and give him medical treatment after seeing his ID card? That's one that's sort of gnawing at me.

Join the crowd. Joss, that evil mastermind bastard, sort of addressed that whole area in the movie with Mal telling Shepard that he'd have to tell him his story some day and Shepard's reply. . . (hopefully that's not too spoilerish)

digitalwanderer said:

The implication from the series is that Shepard was someone very high up in the military at some point in the past, but for whatever reason has left to follow his religious calling (if he wasn't on some kind of deep cover). Obviously this was going to be a character back-story that Whedon would have expanded upon at some point if the series had survived.

I haven't seen Serenity yet, wanted to, but will soon enough (roommate is getting it).

Did they ever get rid of the laser sounds from real guns in the movie? I always got annoyed by that. It's like censorship almost. It's one of the reasons I got annoyed with that Starship Troopers Cartoon.

Serenity #1 and Firefly #5 at Amazon. :D
Can't wait to get mine, had to make do with the dvdrip since Serenity didn't make it to the cinemas here. :mad:

Back