No ZoE3 in the Works

Actually, and unfortunately, there really is an interview with H. Kojima stating this - I read it a while back posted at Gaming-Age.

Really sad, but there's still hope. I'm thinking that when MGS4 is out, they'll have a nice engine and perhaps a ZOE3 would come them quite cheap. I loved ZOE2 and it's IMO still one of - if not - the most impressive showpiece on PS2. It's the only game I can put in and say "I haven't seen anything like this on any, regardless how much more powerful, platform".

What impressed me about Z.O.E2 was how much they improved it over its predecessor. Not by leaps and bounds, but you can tell those guys learned their lesson. Its unfortunate that it wasn't a huge seller on PS2. Regardless, it is one of my favorite PS2 games.

I was really hoping for a Z.O.E 3 too......forget Gundam! Z.O.E iz da shit!:D

Pretty sure that this info came straight out of the 1UP interview.

1UP: Since you can think from the outside in now, and think of the anime first, game second, if you wanted to work in that manner, it brings to mind Zone of the Enders, which started as a game, then became an animated series. Do you have any plans too continue the ZOE series?

HK: Actually I would like to create something with ZOE again, but currently we can't do so because we don't have that much human power that we could put into ZOE now. However, one day I would like to work on ZOE again.

Still possible we could see one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also hope that Konami does do next ZOE. Where is LB these days? He is such a ZOE fanatic....:smile:

What was ZOE? What type of game is it?

Never even heard of it until the recent 1up interview with Kojima.

Bobbler said:
What was ZOE? What type of game is it?

Never even heard of it until the recent 1up interview with Kojima.

Its a mech action game but with gameplay more oriented toward the pace of a Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. The level design, the set pieces, the fluid and dynamic combat, direction/story are all top notch. If you enjoy action/adventure games on any level you owe it to yourself to play ZOE 2, its that good. And as a visual showcase for the PS2 it actually might not get any better.

The second one was very fun... but seriously, TOO SHORT.

The games didn't even last five hours NOT trying to get done quickly.

Simply completely unacceptable. At least they tried to add some replay value.

zoe2 was a great game in ps2 and techwise amazing.sad for the decision(?) not to make a sequel...i don't think tha armoured core or gundam would be better... also hello to everyone my first post

Particles

liverkick said:
Its a mech action game but with gameplay more oriented toward the pace of a Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. The level design, the set pieces, the fluid and dynamic combat, direction/story are all top notch. If you enjoy action/adventure games on any level you owe it to yourself to play ZOE 2, its that good. And as a visual showcase for the PS2 it actually might not get any better.

Yes. Technology for particles was amazing and best particles I have seen. Unfortunate that sequel is not planned.

well after MGS4, Kojima need to find work, so he either do another MGS game or ZOE 3, so we will win at the end of the day. (unless the dude retire)

Serenity Painted Death said:
The second one was very fun... but seriously, TOO SHORT.

The games didn't even last five hours NOT trying to get done quickly.
Well, that really does depend on the skill of the player. If you can beat it on hardest setting in 5 hours then it really is no fault of the game, you're just really uber playing it. :p

If you beat it in 5H on easiest mode - bump the diff, dammit! ;)

Really good people can beat most any (action) game in five hours or even much less. I'd also like to add that I myself cannot clock ZoE2 in five hours...

Five hours?! What are you, an octopus?!

Even *I* can't finish the game in such a short time, mainly because i always get stuck for bloody ages at the evil AI Viola stage where you have to do everything with very frustratingly exact timing and can't kill it, only "disable" the AI. Such a stupid stage by the way and probably the only bad thing about the game.

And we all know what kind of a ZOE2 and ICO freak i am...

I still haven't seen a game on any other console (even Armored Core on X360, from what i've seen) pushing more particles than ZOE2 by the way, although it's clear that there can't be many games with those many particles because they're mostly not needed...

ZoE2 was announced about five months after MGS2's release. So if they would cook up another in the series (finger cross), I could see it announce in similar [time] fashion.

And wasn't the original announced and unveiled during MGS2's development? Anyone know the story behind development.

.Z

Back