My first post on beyond3d hello everyone

Hi I am new here and I have been a nintendo fan for 16 years when I got my first NES right beside my mom's Atari 2600.Yeah back when games were actually games and developers had to compete on a gameplay vs. gameplay basis.Now its who has the best graphics and who's the best "Life" simulator who's the best repetitive/ripped off recycled storylines/character themes/gameplay mechanics.But thats my personal gripe.

They reason I like nintendo(and Sega, Capcom and SNK-Playmore)is because they make video games.Not life simulations.But video games.

meholla...

VNZ said:
Hello and welcome to this fine forum dedicated to console technology, not games. ;)

Thats very true. If you really are interested in games rather than technology, then the 'console games' forum is more suitable for you.

You will find that people disscusing console technology will mainly but not always be talking about graphics chips/cpus of consoles present and future. Which by the sounds of it, is not what you are interested in.

I do agree that graphics do not equal a good game. But then techno junkies just love seeing stuff progress at unimaginable rates and drool over the stuff thats on the horizon. (see the image of the upcoming Future Mark demo for an example).

And hey, if I had to choose between the two games that are the same apart from 1 having better graphics. Then clearly better graphics are always welcome.

Welcome to the forums!

And, as VNZ croorectly pointed out already, the forum is dedicated to technology, and 3D technology precisely, so don't be surprised if the majority of the posts give technology the upper hand over gameplay. ;)

Back