Blogging.

Hey guys what do you think about it?

I've recently started to go back to doing it, and it's kinda cool. I'm going to try and stop my tendencies to postpone things off indefinitely and I'll try to actively keep it full with fresh content. I'm also planning on posting hot girl pics weekly, every few days, or maybe even daily, so that others may appreciate such wonders(also to motivate them to return.).

The blog probably won't get too focused on any particular subject and will randomly dabble in many things, within the allowed policies of course.

So how many of you guys are blogging? and if so why or why not?

I blog. While it's true that the Swedish blogosphere is packed with liberal/libertarian blogs (because the left dominates the traditional media) I felt there's a need for another voice there, or specifically my voice. ;)

zurich said:
Isn't blogging just a venting mechanism for attention-whores?
No, that's what forums are for. :rolleyes:

Blogs are personal mechanisms for venting for attention-whores, a subtle yet distinct difference. ;)

dw is right, they also serve a very nice function, I'm using mine to help get a nice audience, before I decide to open my own site(also good for promoting the book I'm writing once I'm done.).

At present I've basically increased site visits by two orders of magnitude, but I'm being harassed by blogger bots, may've to disable my lovely anonymous reply if this siege continues.
.___________________ II___________________
.__________________\_II_/_________________
.___________________\II/__________________

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried blogging, but it didn't work out.

I'm not really good at just talking about myself believe it or not, I need the interactivity of the forums I found...it just suits me better.

digitalwanderer said:
I tried blogging, but it didn't work out.

I'm not really good at just talking about myself believe it or not, I need the interactivity of the forums I found...it just suits me better.

I too am planning on starting my own forums sometime in the future, but for now I'm testing waters with that, oh and you don't have to make your blog about yourself, you can make it about anything you want really, but yeah still not usually as interactive(unless it gets A LOT OF TRAFFIC.).

PS yeah, what I did in my last post was kinda cheap;)

Deepak said:
I always wonder why "forums" don't get the attention they deserve.

Because the elite journalists and media types don't go to forums. Voicing their opinion on a forum only reaches a small target audience, plus gets mixed up with other people's opinions, thus isn't interesting.

I blogged for about a year... then I deleted everything. I dunno... just wasn't in a good mood.

"The details of my life are inconsquential."
-Dr. Evil

;)

Humus said:
Because the elite journalists and media types don't go to forums. Voicing their opinion on a forum only reaches a small target audience, plus gets mixed up with other people's opinions, thus isn't interesting.
But ain't bloggs read by even fewer people?

Not for people already in the media world. For me I probably have more people reading my opinions on this forum than people reading my blog, but for media types, politicians and the establishment in general they would reach more people if they have their own blog, especially if it's also promoted on the website on the newspaper or media outlet where they normally work. It also reaches the "right audience" in a sense. Frequent visitors to a blog are in general interested in that particular guy's opinions, while if you go on a forum you're typically looking for a wider discussion rather than any individual's opinion.

True.

But I find it very boring reading one's blog, for me forum rocks as various opinions are expressed there.

My recent experience within my blog's made me realize one simple thing.... bots = the good stuff. They exponentiate the effort you put into them, and something that'd be excellent for a hobby.

I'm doing some research on them, and would welcome all links/resources you guys've come across throughout the world wide web.

Back