DoCoMo Foma 902i series question

hidefguy

Newcomer
Does anyone know if all six of the NTT DoCoMo Foma 902i phones have OMAP2420 processors inside, or only some of them?
Thanks

When I was looking into it it seemed like only some of them, but I couldn't tell you which ones now - It used to be an exciting prospect that one might uncover some tiny bit of exciting info buried within specs, but now I get bored trawling through tons of bumf for next to bugger all.

Four of them have OMAP2420:

DoCoMo FOMA NEC N902i
DoCoMo FOMA Panasonic P902i
DoCoMo FOMA Sharp SH902i
DoCoMo FOMA Sony Ericsson SO902i

The other two continue their MBX lineage from the 901 series and use SH-Mobiles:

DoCoMo FOMA Fujitsu F902i
DoCoMo FOMA Mitsubishi D902i

Updated MBX Productization Pipeline is listed in:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24993

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazy8s said:
Four of them have OMAP2420:
DoCoMo FOMA Sharp SH902i

Although handset type numbers sometimes differ greatly around the world, I'm pretty sure we have that at the office. Haven't had a chance to play around with it that much, but first impressions are that it's really not that fast.

xmu said:
Although handset type numbers sometimes differ greatly around the world, I'm pretty sure we have that at the office. Haven't had a chance to play around with it that much, but first impressions are that it's really not that fast.

As far as I'm aware, these are the first handsets available that use the 2420 - at least, that's what a TI research guy mentioned to me at SIGGRAPH a few months back. Although the Vodaphone-sold Sharp 902's and 903's look similar, they don't have graphics accaleration. For all intents and purposes, there is currently almost no cellular devices with hardware graphics acceleration out there. The SonyEriccson P990 is the only one that I can see on the near horizon that will be available in the west that will use the MBX core.

hidefguy said:
As far as I'm aware, these are the first handsets available that use the 2420 - at least, that's what a TI research guy mentioned to me at SIGGRAPH a few months back. Although the Vodaphone-sold Sharp 902's and 903's look similar, they don't have graphics accaleration.

Ah ok, I stand corrected.

Back