MotoGp 2006 Screens - XBOX 360

Now that's what good HDR is supposed to look like. None of that overdone bloom BS, just striving for realism. Still a couple of things that don't look quite right in a few screenshots, like the road and the lack of motion blur in the wheel spokes and chain, but well done so far.

Mintmaster said:
Now that's what good HDR is supposed to look like. None of that overdone bloom BS, just striving for realism. Still a couple of things that don't look quite right in a few screenshots, like the road and the lack of motion blur in the wheel spokes and chain, but well done so far.
Its good to see that I'm not the only one that feels that way about light bloom.

looking alot better than the previous shots. (that didnt really look good to me imo)
very nice :)

Dr. Nick said:
Its good to see that I'm not the only one that feels that way about light bloom.
It's not inherently bad, it's just that most people want to really exaggerate it. GR:AW has bloom, but it's only a tad overdone if at all, and looks excellent. ATI's Debevic demo does it pretty well too.

Mintmaster said:
:LOL: That's got to be the funniest compliment about next-gen graphics so far. Sounds like something a mom would say.

You callin me a woman? :oops:

Care to step outside? :devilish: :devilish:

But really, I wonder if they're using that special function of Xenos to get the tires that way. (tesselator? I forget what it's called. Has to do with the geometry)

drpepper said:
The bike and human models are awesome. Literally indistinguishable from the real thing.
motogp3_compare.jpg
I agree, ithis game is nothing short of amazing.

jvd said:
this real time ?
My guess is yes. It doesnt seem all that much higher poly compared to the old shots. I think its the better lighting, better textures, and the normal mapping that makes it look alot better. That said, I think it looks great, though the enviroments could use some work.

Impossible* said:
This comparison shows why HDR rendering often looks badly wrong.

Why has the blue of the Konica-Minolta Logo changed to cyan? Poor-quality HDR lighting calculations.

Jawed

Doesn't get much better than that..nice! I think it should also be noted that here are some pics who are (alot) less realistic though. Would love to see a video of this game.

Back