Anyone know any current laptop bargains/deals?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
My wife is on another "let's get ourselves a laptop for Xmas" kick and I want to strike whilst the striking is good, so if anyone knows of any good deals going on please post them up!

I have dreamed of owning a decent laptop for more than 2 decades now, please help.

She just wants something that will play movies/cruise the web mobile, I want something that can at least pretend to game....unfortunately we're trying to do it on the cheap.

What should I be looking for, what should I avoid? Any and all input is appreciated, I know very little about laptops 'cept I WANT ONE!!! ;)

Compaq v2000. $499 after rebate.
http://tinyurl.com/9w7tx

Got one for my grandma last week for $449 after rebate at Best Buy. I didn't see this offer online, only in the store.

It's not a gaming notebook, but looks great for other stuff.

I got one ove the really cheap Black Friday Compaq V2000 1.4 Celeron M's for $350...was actually $500 after rebates and tax because of the $90.00 shipping - also got a "free" printer! While I really think gaming is out of the question - Intel extreme graphics - it does everything else beautifully.......in fact, it's now my main computer for surfing the web and doing email. Oh, and it does a great job with videos and movies - the widescreen 14' monitor is just perfect for movies........

Back