Theres currently two pictures of Splinter 4 (supposedly) ingame floating around

Online multiplayer portion, spies vs mercanaries, has been increased to 3 v 3.

A new wrinkle has been added to the multiplayer matchmaking system. Once you've achieved the highest rank of "master spy", you might be offered the role of instructor. If you accept, when playing online you'll get teamed up with two novice ranked players. That should really make the learning curve for new players a lot more easier and friendly.

For example , the prison level in the 360 version features dozens of guards and convicts duking it out in a t , and the size of the lvl is far bigger than any the series has seen so far. The current-gen machines are unable to create a scene so big and complicated , but they can suggest it . Rather than show the whole riot , players will hear it , see flames , and witness small pockets of that conflict. While the store , areas , and art assets are shared across all versions , the actual stages will vary due to necessity.
'

Sounds to me like the xbox 360 version will be constrained because of the ps2 and xbox

I'm sure it will to some degree. But with GFX like that, and levels that are larger and more expansive, it's basically as much as you could hope for. I won't be dissapointed,

You're getting a bigger game, with bigger levels, and completely overhauled GFX, can't complain.

jvd said:
'

Sounds to me like the xbox 360 version will be constrained because of the ps2 and xbox

I hope not. I seriously don't understand why Ubisoft is clumping the 360 version with the PS2 and Xbox version. The 360 version should have its own development team devoted to it but I guess its more or less a business decision.

BlueTsunami said:
I hope not. I seriously don't understand why Ubisoft is clumping the 360 version with the PS2 and Xbox version. The 360 version should have its own development team devoted to it but I guess its more or less a business decision.

Well, the other thread mentions that the Shanghai studio is handling the PC and 360 editions, while Montreal is handling the PS2, Xbox, GC editions.

I dunno man, it doesn't look that much better then RE5. I don't think it is.

Oh and there's a third pic now, the one where he's holding a gun to some guy that looks quite angular.

Alstrong said:
Well, the other thread mentions that the Shanghai studio is handling the PC and 360 editions, while Montreal is handling the PS2, Xbox, GC editions.

Yes that is true , but what i quoted is typed word for word from the game informer that i got today

jvd said:
Yes that is true , but what i quoted is typed word for word from the game informer that i got today

I don't see how you think that quote is bad. The X360 will get the real level, xbox and ps will get...something else.

scooby_dooby said:
I don't see how you think that quote is bad. The X360 will get the real level, xbox and ps will get...something else.

THe problem is the source material .

They are all using the same art . The xbox 360 is going to be limited by what is possible on the other systems . Sure we may get a better final game on it , however the lvls are going to be done in such a way that it will still be the same play experiance on the other systems and the art is going to be shared .

I'm not to happy about that . An exclusive title where the art and the lvls were made only for the xbox 360 with no thoughts of scaling back would be better

jvd said:
THe problem is the source material .

They are all using the same art . The xbox 360 is going to be limited by what is possible on the other systems . Sure we may get a better final game on it , however the lvls are going to be done in such a way that it will still be the same play experiance on the other systems and the art is going to be shared .

I'm not to happy about that . An exclusive title where the art and the lvls were made only for the xbox 360 with no thoughts of scaling back would be better

You know, it's not very hard to downscale high-res textures suitable for a machine with 512 MB of RAM to a machine with 64 MB of RAM. Or 32. Or 24. Devs have been doing that for years. And if you're using parallax maps in the X360 version, you can always take them out in the lower-end version. I'm kinda hoping that the Cube actually gets a decent Flipper-oriented engine this time instead of a PS2 port, but we all know that's not happening. I'm sure it'll be just like last time. PC/X360 get the souped-up version with many layers of prettiness, the Xbox version gets the same game on the same engine with a bunch of stuff basically turned off, PS2 gets a customized version that's pretty good in its own right but doesn't hold a candle to Xbox, and Cube gets a port of PS2.

And then DS gets a version that runs at 10 fps in the menu screens...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lysander said:
Shangai is doing original on 360, and montreal is tearing it down for other consoles, according to gi.

Yes this is true. They mention that the game will be sorta made differently. Basically meaning that this is not a port.

Back