Farcry HDR+AA on X1800, patch preview with lots of screenies! (56K nogo)

Razor1 said:
...Ubisoft will want to put easily accessible options....
More like UBI knows this is a dead game to them, i can buy it for 14$ at my local supermarket.They wont spen another dime on it. And Crytek is nolonger with UBI? glad they got a last beta patch out to us.

Long time ago there was a link for the detail explanation how to merge hires content from the 64bit patch in to regular FC!
I’ve tried (it’s easy to unpack the installer), but did not succeed to implement the files in to the game (you need to unpack some archives, and to merge their content with one from the patch)

Does anyone know how to do it right?

karlotta said:
More like UBI knows this is a dead game to them, i can buy it for 14$ at my local supermarket.They wont spen another dime on it. And Crytek is nolonger with UBI? glad they got a last beta patch out to us.

Ubisofts concerns are with the multiplayer, not much so the graphics part of the patch, Crytek's concern is with everything, so its still in best interest to get the patch out for both companies, this will allow Crytek to sell more engine licenses.

Sunday said:
Long time ago there was a link for the detail explanation how to merge hires content from the 64bit patch in to regular FC!
I’ve tried (it’s easy to unpack the installer), but did not succeed to implement the files in to the game (you need to unpack some archives, and to merge their content with one from the patch)

Does anyone know how to do it right?
Check out this thread. :smile:

I hope btw that DaveB doesn't forget to benchmark Farcry HDR+AA in his upcoming R580 review, it would be very interesting to see comparisons with R520. :)

Apple740 said:
I hope btw that DaveB doesn't forget to benchmark Farcry HDR+AA in his upcoming R580 review, it would be very interesting to see comparisons with R520. :)

If R580 really has the mentioned shader power, you couldn't call it a comparison now could you?

I don't think the increased shader power would help r580 in the HDR+AA scenario much as it is probably mainly bandwidth limited

Want the patch

So, did I miss it ? When does this patch suppose to be availabale ? I stopped playing Far Cry until I got a X1800 XT, which should arrive these days.

Back