How fast have you driven your car/motorbike?

Deepak said:
Does Tokyo have space to reach that speed?

Doesn't Germany have special speedways for speed freaks? what is more thrilling car or motorbike? What is with this European fetish with Speed, they make fatest cars, bikes and planes (Concorde) etc.

the Autobahn in germany is pretty much the last of its kind with having no regulated speed limit but still does have "recommended" and enforced speeds for high traffic hours. Its also specially maintained and constructed to give someone going 225km/h or more a smooth and safe ride. Its also worth mentioning getting license in germany costs (if memory serves me) a few thousand dollars, i want to say close to $10000, and it involves some pretty serious training, but im not exactly sure.

The US for a time had no enforced speed limits, but Montana was the last refuge for those that simply wanted to drive as fast as they felt comfortable and that was killed off some time ago.

I think you will generally find that, assuming the right sized tyres are fitted on the car, that speedometers tend to report higher speeds than the speed the car is actually travelling at.

You might want to confirm the speed with, say, a GPS receiver.

a 172mph clocked with both radar and laser . I was using a 1971 gto judge that had nitro and a few mods to it .

Strait drag racing track.

I've gotten my jeep up to a 110 its really fun doing it as the thing stos at 85mph haha .

Someone sent me an email last week showing a guy popping a mono up to 200k's then hitting 300. looked like an autobhan. When i was a kid I jigged school with my dodgy mate who's brother picked us up in 'his' car he started with a screw driver. We hit 250 in a residential 60 zone on the way to the beach. I declined the lift home.

175 MPH quite frequently over the summer. Montana has no cops around so it is like having no speed limit. :)

Fastest ever gone was 226 MPH and it was simply a blast. This was on open freeway during an event that was sanctioned by officials, so no cars on the road except for the fast ones.

Simon F said:
I think you will generally find that, assuming the right sized tyres are fitted on the car, that speedometers tend to report higher speeds than the speed the car is actually travelling at.

You might want to confirm the speed with, say, a GPS receiver.

Interesting... would this be unintended or intended for "safety"?

I usually max out my A3 a few times while commuting to work, ~210kmph. My fastest (not own) ride was a A8, pool car at work, I had to deliver a master and the deadline was pretty tight, ~280kmph for 60-90min and yes, I made it in time. 80-100kmph with my racing cycle on a curvey downhill road, the bike weights less than 10kg ... now that IS scary.

Not my own car, but 320 km/h on the test track, 4 km in a straight line. It was over before I really realized it.

And what about Motorbike owners here, it is a lot more challenging driving bikes at such speeds.

Deepak said:
And what about Motorbike owners here, it is a lot more challenging driving bikes at such speeds.
thats what ya get for riding:p
Everyone knows motorcycles suck for top speed compared to cars.
Aerodynamics++

radeonic2 said:
thats what ya get for riding:p
Everyone knows motorcycles suck for top speed compared to cars.
Aerodynamics++

Err! I thought Bikes like Suzuki GSX1300R (Hayabusa) beat sportscars out there. Doesn't it go at ~ 350 KM/h? It is my dream to have such awesome bike one day, I need to have lots of money for that and join Gym certainly. :smile:

Deepak said:
Err! I thought Bikes like Suzuki GSX1300R (Hayabusa) beat sportscars out there. Doesn't it go at ~ 350 KM/h? It is my dream to have such awesome bike one day, I need to have lots of money for that and join Gym certainly. :smile:
217MPH isn't very fast for the amout of power it has.

Deepak said:

It's not challenging, just stupid. My motorcycle wouldn't go much over 80 MPH, which was fine with me. You'll die hitting a cow a lot slower than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the scariest thing I've ever done is taken a ride in a friend of the family's boat. Flat bottomed, V drive and a Chrysler 440 stroked, bored, with nitrous, etc.

My dad guessed we hit about 100 mph crossing the lake, but on water and out in the open it was something else. The wind was enough to bend my glasses to the shape of my face, and it really makes you wish there was something better to hang on to.

Heh, try being in a Lamborghini speedboat. Those things are freaking fast. Very fast. At least accelaration wise. Kind of makes the Murcielago into a turtle.

240km/h with my opel calibra back in the days.......

now i wouldnt drive even 150 even my car could handle it easyly.. i'm getin old :)

I know this is stupid, but most fun things seem to be... I managed to push my car, '02 Formula Firebird, to 148 mph on the public Ohio highways in the middle of a summer night. My friend pushed his XX Blackbird to around 174mph. Now a days I hardly go past 115mph. I must be getting old.

160km per hour in a few years back in a 1982 Nissan Sunny. It was a 4speed 1300, no turbo etc. I think that was redlining it going down a hill, felt like the engine could not physically go any faster. It was so beat up I sold it for about $25 US dollars :)

Back