How much do you sleep?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Normally I sleep for 8 hours (12-8am) but since I got broadband connection I am getting only 6 hours (2am-8am). How much sleep is enough for a normal person?

I try to get in bed by 2AM.. but i'll watch some tv so maybe 2:30am and wake up either at 8-8:30am or at 10:30am depending on which classes (college).
For the days I have to be there are 9 I try to get in bed by 1am.
For fridays I'll leave the pc when I'm yawning like a mofo and generally can't function.. so 3am depending on amount of caffeine consumed and wake up around 12:00.

I try to get 8 hours of sleep a night, but I usually get a little less.

I think someone my age (21) is supposed to get 9.25 hours a night.

Supposedly as you get older you need less sleep. There was a few years recently when M-F I was getting 4.5-5.5 hrs of sleep and then doing a lot of napping on the weekends "to catch up". But that's a rough way to go. These days I typically get 6-7 and do okay. Still like my Saturday nap, but it is no longer a big black thing that sucks me down for 4-6 hours.

I average around 7-8 during the work week and probably 8-9 on weekends. No naps, though, since they're evil. If left alone I could easily sleep 10 hours each night.

6 hours on a good night, 4-5 on a bad one. :(

Weekends and my wife's occasional weekdays off are a different story though, I DO nap on those as I'm usually a walking zombie by that point.

Go to bed consistently at around 4 - just can't fall asleep before that usually - and get up anytime between 8am and 2pm depending on what I have to do. Sucks a bit.

I used to stay up late all the time... now my wife and I go to bed between 9:00 and 10:30pm and get up from 5:00 to 6:30am. So I guess anywhere from about 7-9 hours on average.

Nite_Hawk

For naps try to take only about 45 min to 1 hour max nap.. or else like you get deeper into sleep and will end up more tired;)

radeonic2 said:
For naps try to take only about 45 min to 1 hour max nap.. or else like you get deeper into sleep and will end up more tired;)
I find 90 minutes to be about perfect for me, just one quick REM cycle. :)

since i was about 14 years old, i would sleep in 2 parts, half in the afternoon and the other half late at night (past 2am). Still do it to this date, although i could do a straight 8 hours if i wanted to.

epic

6-7 hours. Sometimes 8 on the weekends. I just cant sleep like I used to when I was younger for some reason. I remember sleeping till 10 or 11am all the time on Sat and Sun. I cant sleep past 7am anymore. I just wake up, and then its over with. I get up at 5am everyday for work though, Im sure that has something to do with it.

digitalwanderer said:
I find 90 minutes to be about perfect for me, just one quick REM cycle. :)

Interesting - that's my no-go zone. I usually shoot for 45 mins and get about half an hour. Anything between an hour and three hours is killer.

epicstruggle said:
since i was about 14 years old, i would sleep in 2 parts, half in the afternoon and the other half late at night (past 2am). Still do it to this date, although i could do a straight 8 hours if i wanted to.

epic

Churchill claimed to get two full days of work out of doing that during WWII.

Weekdays I get around 4 hours to 3 and a half. I never take naps, never feel the need. I can go a complete day on about 3 or so hours of sleep. I know its probably really bad for me, but anymore than 5 hours and less than 10 and I feel like shit the rest of the day. I generally go to bed between 2:00am to 2:30am and always wake up at 5:55. I always wake up before my alarm, hate it.

Weekends I get around 10 hours of sleep, ranging varies hours.

I have a hard time sleeping enough these days. I just wake up. Blocked all light from the sleeping chamber (ok most). I go to sleep at 10 and I'll have a hard time crashing out and then I'll wake up at 5 or 6. Sucks. I want 9 hours. I'll make time for it too. Sleep is very important and dreams are cool.

I'm on a pretty dynamic sleep schedule, which often involves not sleeping at all and then trying to recover the lost sleep all at once, whenever I find myself with a large chunk of spare time.

Back