Xbox360 CPU for "animation, post fx, HDR and so on"

Well i don't see the point of hdr . The xenos has special hardware for it to do fp10 and fp16. Would be a waste to make the cpu do it

jvd said:
Well i don't see the point of hdr . The xenos has special hardware for it to do fp10 and fp16. Would be a waste to make the cpu do it

Agreed.

I've seen it stated that Xenos doesn't support FP16 blending an AA as FP10 is the only fully support method. Could it have something to do with that?

HDR is made on smart logic on daugter gpu die; but it could mean that 360gpu is controlled thru cpu (in analogy to tile rendering).

scificube said:
HDR on Xenon? That seems...interesting.
But not unplanned for. Remember that the FPU in Xenon has special instructions for reading and writing D3D formats.

Seems like he may have just mis-spoke, crossed his technologies, or been poorly translated. I seriously dougbt Xenon is doing HDR.

Are it could just be a tech guy's comment to a layman where he's not specifying what the gpu is doing in this instance.

OOOkkkkkkkk

Game designer Gilles Matouba added: "We were able to push the power of the 360 using our Multi Core technology, which means we can push the 3 processors to the max in terms of animation, post fx, HDR and so on."

Yet this game (Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare) looks nothing like the original E3 build!?! My question to them would be…WTF happened?

Nerve-Damage said:
Yet this game (Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare) looks nothing like the original E3 build!?! My question to them would be…WTF happened?
Recent hands on have the game looks great.

Many have debunked HDR on Cell as impossible in real world games, so i highly dout it is on the 360

So if it is possible on 360 than 2-3 SPE's should crunch though HDR.

Me? id say its just PR bull shit

And if they are doing the HDR and post efects on the CPU it only means one thing...... THE EDRAM WAS A WATSE OF TRANNY'S

Last edited by a moderator:
ralexand said:
Recent hands on have the game looks great.

Great looking versus how it once look, are still two different things.

Example (laymen view): if the first build was the Rolls Royce Phantom of graphics, but then suddenly the graphics are no more than 300c quality; I still say there’s a big discrepancy in graphics. Although the 300c is a nice looking car, it’s still no Rolls Royce Phantom. Meaning the current build is nice looking, but it isn’t what I expected…………

Nerve-Damage said:

Heres WTF happened...

1UP said:
1UP: The graphics have been on quite a rollercoaster. At E3 they were looking spectacular, then at X05 they looked significantly scaled back, and now you're showing us something that's closer to the wow-inducing E3 quality. What happened between E3 and now?

Christian Allen: A lot of what happens in development is, when Ubisoft worked on the E3 demo we focused on the graphics and visuals. But then development starts kicking in and you're like, "OK, I gotta get 60 dudes into this map," and everything had to be scaled back. And everything is working its way back up -- and that's one reason [Ubisoft] wanted to give extra time to the development team to make sure that the quality is there, that the visuals match up.

And by all accounts the grfx are looking amazing again. Here's a new screenie:

media

IMO, looks as good as anything we've seen up until this point, if not better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so!!

Originally Posted by 1UP
1UP: The graphics have been on quite a rollercoaster. At E3 they were looking spectacular, then at X05 they looked significantly scaled back, and now you're showing us something that's closer to the wow-inducing E3 quality. What happened between E3 and now?

Christian Allen: A lot of what happens in development is, when Ubisoft worked on the E3 demo we focused on the graphics and visuals. But then development starts kicking in and you're like, "OK, I gotta get 60 dudes into this map," and everything had to be scaled back. And everything is working its way back up -- and that's one reason [Ubisoft] wanted to give extra time to the development team to make sure that the quality is there, that the visuals match up.

Great news I hope!! :smile:

Anyhow, if you would like too see some of the old footage (E3) and some of the latest footage; click this link.

The SC team and the GR team have shared technology before. They might have done the same once again.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Looks like the PC version of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

I agree, i wonder if all the Tom Clancy games are moving towards similar art direction for the franchise? Maybe to make the player feel like with all the games you're playing in the same 'world' and to make it more believeable. I think it would be a neat idea.

Guys maybe, just mother f'ing maybe this guy does know what he is talking about and they are doing HDR on the CPU. Being that we haven't programmed anything on the XBox 360 and all.

Back