New MSI 975X Platinum H mother board!

ToxicTaZ

Newcomer
i975X chipset can do both SLI & CrossFire setup!

MSI by years end well have there first i975X mother board out and this mb is awsome!!

Its called the MSI 975X Platinum H

- Intel Pentium Processor Extreme Edition 955/Pentium D 9xx
- Intel 975X + Intel ICH7R
- 1066/800MHz FSB
- 4 x DIMM, max. 8GB, DDR2 800/667/533, ECC and non-ECC un-buffered memory
- 2 x PCI-E x16, 2 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI
- Broadcom Gigabit LAN
- 7.1ch Audio ALC883 HD audio corresponding 8ch sound codec tip/chip on-board I/O panel in section
 S/PDIF digital optical output terminal.
- 2 x Serial ATA 3 GB/s ports + 1 x ATA133
- 3 x VIA IEEE 1394
- 8 x USB 2.0 ports
- CoreCell 2, LiveUpdate 3

http://www.msi-computer.co.jp/product/mb/975Xplatinum.html

http://www.msi-computer.co.jp/975/975X_Platinum_H.html

You will need this to translat this web site from Japanese to English.

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The i955X can do both SLI & Crossfire as well ;) nVidia doesn't officially support SLI on intel boards ATM 'tho so you're kind of limited on what drivers you can run.

It looks like an OK board. I don't know why they don't use intel ethernet on an intel board. I see Realtek audio - I hope they used the ALC882/3 D/DTS.

MSI i975X & MSI Nv G71 is my new awsome setup!

JCLW said:
The i955X can do both SLI & Crossfire as well ;) nVidia doesn't officially support SLI on intel boards ATM 'tho so you're kind of limited on what drivers you can run.

It looks like an OK board. I don't know why they don't use intel ethernet on an intel board. I see Realtek audio - I hope they used the ALC882/3 D/DTS.

I don't think ill use SLI any ways when i get this board because im getting the Nvidia G71 GPU and that card will be $800. Canadain for one!

Broadcom gave MSI a better deal i would think? Intel is prices are too high on all there hardware, this just gives 3rd party people a chance at the market.

I think it is the ALC882 7.1 HD Audio Codec and it don't look bad for free on board sound?

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt you post this before and the easy conclusion was that you're doing a stupid upgrade and also betting on the feature? Do you want me to tell you once again that buying into a Intel platform is not only STUPID but also planning on getting the G71, which you have no clue about, is also stupid....

Intel or AMD there all ways fan boys lol

Skrying said:
Didnt you post this before and the easy conclusion was that you're doing a stupid upgrade and also betting on the feature? Do you want me to tell you once again that buying into a Intel platform is not only STUPID but also planning on getting the G71, which you have no clue about, is also stupid....

"STUPID" what do you mean? I have 2 AMD 64 nForce4 PC's in this house! why would want more AMD? been there dune that now its time to try some thing other then AMD. And why would any one not want a Nvidia 90nm High end GPU? that GPU is going to be the R580 killer.

You allso got to please stop calling my id's STUPID ! you said it to me 5 times now!

You see i am a high end over clocker and have money to blow on any hardware i want to use....so i can test and see for my self the #'s.

This MSI 975X mother board looks good...can't wait to test it out!

ToxicTaZ said:
"STUPID" what do you mean? I have 2 AMD 64 nForce4 PC's in this house! why would want more AMD? been there dune that now its time to try some thing other then AMD. And why would any one not want a Nvidia 90nm High end GPU? that GPU is going to be the R580 killer.

You allso got to please stop calling my id's STUPID ! you said it to me 5 times now!

You see i am a high end over clocker and have money to blow on any hardware i want to use....so i can test and see for my self the #'s.

This MSI 975X mother board looks good...can't wait to test it out!

Thanks, now that I know you can predict the future. I'm still gonna call you an idiot.

Why would you not want another AMD system? Its clearly the better choice right now.

How do you know a G71 will be a R580 "killer" YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN EITHER!

Its amazing that you'd have money to spare, maybe your dad's money....

This MSI mother board ROCKS?

Skrying said:
Thanks, now that I know you can predict the future. I'm still gonna call you an idiot.

Why would you not want another AMD system? Its clearly the better choice right now.

How do you know a G71 will be a R580 "killer" YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN EITHER!

Its amazing that you'd have money to spare, maybe your dad's money....

Yo kid im 30 and have a good job! again please don't call me an idiot. Sorry as i can tell your a fan boy of AMD & ATI !! and i don't call you a idiot for being a fan boy do i? so there's no room talk to people like you! its a one way path with you true? any how do you think a 16 pipe R580 is going to beat a 24 - 32 pipe 90nm G71 GPU? "YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN EITHER!"

Im sorry you don't have the money to blow on new hardware all the time. I tell you its a lot of fun trying out new stuff (other brans). I have a old msi 875p mother board that i had the most fun back in the northwood days.... now i would like to try out the new 65nm Presler 3.2GHz (Pentium D 940) so far i herd that chip can get 1000MHz overclock on air with stock cooling.....now i want to see it on this new MSI 975X mother board.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28412[/url Merry Christmas!

Back