New Sony PS2 game: Rule of Rose

Metalgearih said:
Why does it have to be lil girls anyway?

To me that's one of the freaky things about it. Think if it was 2 or 3 women around the age 25 sucking each others finger and staring at you with a devilish smile. Would if freak you out or turn you on?:D

I think this is the point with Japanese horror. They present themes that make people generally uncomfortable. They effectively do this by presenting socially taboo stuff. Silent Hill has used that in the past. So it just gives you that creepy "I'm not used to this" feeling.

nope, there's creepy scary and then there's creepy perverted. Silent hil;l is creepy scary. That video is 100% creepy perverted. The girl lifting her skirt and give that creepy perverted smile. That and a few other parts of that video just seemed disgusting. This game will NEVER be lreleased out side of japan.

Qroach said:
nope, there's creepy scary and then there's creepy perverted. Silent hil;l is creepy scary. That video is 100% creepy perverted. The girl lifting her skirt and give that creepy perverted smile. That and a few other parts of that video just seemed disgusting. This game will NEVER be lreleased out side of japan.

Well if it's a good game hopefully it will be released outside of Japan. I think some people need to get their mind out of the gutter.

Tell me this isn't freaky.

33213210627.gif

And look at the maggots eating the big rat on a stick that one of the girls pick up.

rose35sh.jpg

Ewwwwww.

And this is what someone posted in another thread.

Oh, about the game. I dunno if this is common knowledge or not but here is what I know about it:

- Player is aided by a dog in his investigation
- Location = Mansion in the south of England
- Premise = little girls kidnapp adults and torture them

That's all I know :/

So the little girls that we see and actually torturing adults that they kidnap.

And a little more

England, 1930.
In a place no adult can reach, a group of innocent little girls who just wanted to be loved made a pact with the princess of the red rose.

The player, Jennifer, got lost in this irrational kingdom of the little girls, their innocent desire taking the most cruel forms. She will has been driven there by a book given to her by little boy she can only hear, and who continues to address her through the game. The book contain several extremely sad and cruel fairy tales which swallow the heroin into their world.

It's an adventure game close to Demento, since the heroin will be helped by a dog (Brown), but with a bigger emphasis on the adventure part, where you will look for hints to understand the scenario, and a lesser importance given to the gross boobs of the heroin.

The movies are done by Shirogami, who already did the CG for SC3 or Clock Tower 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like an interesting concept. ;)

OT: Will we ever see another Parasite Eve. I want that PE2 shower scene in high def. :devilish:

london-boy said:
If that's not perverted i don't know what is...

It's perverted. However I could imagine the premise to be that the "little school girls" luring in unsuspecting men and killing them(ie Sirens of Greek myth). This is similar to the premise of that movie "Monster." Rationalizing murder as a way to eliminate the "pedophiles" of the world. I don't exactly know whether or not those girls are either (1) possessed, (2) demons disguised as girls or (3) just plain psychos, i have no context to work with other than that video. That's the allure of the game and every horror genre before it. Why is this happening.

And if you think this is bad, you guys obviously haven't played Silent Hill 2, the sexual overtones to that game was awkward to say the least.

I think you gotta be either a fanb0y or freak to like this game. Sexual overtones are fine as long as kids aren't invovled!

What's up with the word Rose and sexual exploitation? First Rumble Roses, now Rule of Rose, does Rose have some wierd double-meaning in Japan?

When I saw that trailer, it immediately brought to my mind a film I read about a while ago.
It's a French film, Lucile Hadzihalilovic's Innocence. I think I saw a trailer of it too, and it had somewhat similar tone to Rule Of Rose, although not as clearly horror material.
I think the "Rose" thing is because the "Da Vinci Code" phenomenom a couple of years ago... or maybe not. The Japanese are good at melting these cultural things to a disturbing effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Qroach said:
I think you gotta be either a fanb0y or freak to like this game. Sexual overtones are fine as long as kids aren't invovled!

I'm neither. I comfortable with what I like and don't like sexually. It doesn't freak me out to see this stuff like this. It's not as if they are actually having sex or anything. Like someone else said Silent Hill 2 had some of the same stuff in it so what's the problem?

Lolita

drpepper said:
It's perverted. However I could imagine the premise to be that the "little school girls" luring in unsuspecting men and killing them(ie Sirens of Greek myth). This is similar to the premise of that movie "Monster." Rationalizing murder as a way to eliminate the "pedophiles" of the world. I don't exactly know whether or not those girls are either (1) possessed, (2) demons disguised as girls or (3) just plain psychos, i have no context to work with other than that video. That's the allure of the game and every horror genre before it. Why is this happening.

And if you think this is bad, you guys obviously haven't played Silent Hill 2, the sexual overtones to that game was awkward to say the least.

My friend do not be alarmed since Lolita type story is quite common for fiction and games are fiction.

Back