The Samsung 360??

Samsung and Microsoft are great partners but it's too late for Xbox, Microsoft invested too much, they wont share the profits. As far as Samsung is concerned, Sony is already dead, their next targets are probably Nokia and Apple, they will use their leadership in flash memory to release mp3-cellphones affordable to the mass market, their music portal should be completed by then.

Uh..last time I checked SONY doesn't have a leadership positon in flash memory. In fact they buy their flash RAM chips from someone else.

PC-Engine said:
Uh..last time I checked SONY doesn't have a leadership positon in flash memory. In fact they buy their flash RAM chips from someone else.

I believe he is talking about samsung in regards to flash ram.

I think it is quite beneficial to both Samsung and MS to promote each others hardware, right now. MS needs good HDTVs to show off their games and Samsung needs HDTV content to sell their HDTVs. However I think that for next-gen, when HDTV is more widespread there will be less incentive from MS, as they hold the more unique product, to inter-promote products. However seeing as MS once has made (is doing) a world wide launch I dont think there is any going back and it would therefore be a good idea to partner up with someone to make additional X3s for the next console launch.

Last I read MS wasnt that interested in hand-held gaming, but I think it is just a matter of time. Anyone who has seen a Dell Axim with a sweet VGA-screen and 3d games with 4xFSAA knows the hardware and software is there. They just need to figure out a good strategy, which is most likely like the one they use in the PC space not aligning themselves with just one manufacturer and just producing the OS.

I'm still dumbfounded by the energizer batterys that came with my system. NOrmaly we get crappy no name batterys

seismologist said:
I'm not sure what we're trying to prove by looking at Sony vs. Samsung profits for the year. But I'm guessing that you dont understand much about business.

None of what you posted is relevant to anything. It's like saying that Exxon could jump into the OS business and overthrow Microsoft because they have higher profits for the year. It's just absurd.

The fact that they're in the home entertainment business at all gives them an advantage over Microsoft. Microsoft needs to partner with people who know the business like Sony does if they expect to get anywhere.
Oh seismologist.....seismologist.....

Back