Guerrilla Games is doing what some devs don't and listen to their fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
mckmas8808 said:
No actually we don't see you guys agreeing 100%. More like 70%. Nothing wrong there don't worry l-b. Seriously Hideo is Directing MGS4 because the FANS wanted him to. This guy is making a whole game because the fans wanted hime to (had to repeat again for emphases). All GG is doing is asking a basic small question to a few thousand fans. They may not even impletment it in the game.

What's the problem? You guys don't think that Igakati is changing the reversal times based on his personal thoughts do you?
sorry, you're wrong mate!, the fanssssssssss make a death threat to Kojima to make MGS4.

dantruon said:
sorry, you're wrong mate!, the fanssssssssss make a death threat to Kojima to make MGS4.

Fans will say anything to get their favourite director to come back. You're not actually taking that seriously are you?

fulcizombie said:
Please tell me that you don't ACTUALLY believe what you've written in that post....

Yes I believe it. Why not? Kojima has been talking about making other games and starting other franchises for years now. He said after MGS3 he was going to start to put more time behind those newer ideas, yet decided not to after the fans wanted him to do MGS4. What's there not to believe?
fragend013.gif

drpepper said:
Fans will say anything to get their favourite director to come back. You're not actually taking that seriously are you?

no i dont but you know if the Yakuza is into gaming and are a fan of MGS series then Kojima better do what they say.

PC-Engine said:
How are game testers responsible for funtimentally bad games? They only work within the confines of the game which they didn't design. If you design a fugly car, it doesn't matter if it's pefect in every other way. QA doesn't have any control over the look of the car. :LOL:
well thanks for proving me right and to everyone else in these forums that game testers cant replace gamer feedback ;)

TTP said:

Last time I talked with my very secret informant I was told the E3 Killzone video wasn't named "Killzone 3" for a very good reason :p

I can't believe you guys missed this, and instead insisted on arguing (valids points may I add) on and on and on...

Anyways, TTP...SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!!! :devilish:

Nesh said:
well thanks for proving me right and to everyone else in these forums that game testers cant replace gamer feedback ;)

Fans don't have control over the look of the car either. They either like what they are given or they don't. ;)

fearsomepirate said:
Back on topic....

Clearly Guerrilla Games needs this feedback. A lot of people are saying "Well what about hit game X that sucked after fans said how it should be?" Killzone isn't a hit game to be ruined. It had some cool concepts that turned a lot of people on, but stumbled pretty fatally in the execution. It's already ruined and needs fixing. It seems obvious that the developers need to be out there finding out what people didn't like about the game (other than the graphical problems, of course, since those are obvious). I mean, there's nothing wrong with asking. It's a good idea to figure out what about the gameplay people liked so you can salvage it, and what turned them off so you know to adjust it.

LOL. True so true...

I agree with PC-Engine and L-B's comments. Developing a good game requires more than just a collection of ideas. If so then we would have scores of development by committee games that the best in its genre. We need people that know what they're doing. Okay, let's say they had a poll on shotgun reload time, and a majority of the people wanted to the shotgun to reload faster. What then? Should the developer listen to the poll and reduce the reload time of shotguns?

It's the wrong question to ask. Most people are dumb. Sorry people, but you're dumb. It's one reason why in the US we don't have true democracy. The US government is representative, meaning we vote for a person to decide what's good for us.

The kind of questions that developers should be asking is how long is your play session? It's the kind of questions, that can allow the developer to target the game to specific demographic. If the major of the gamers plays for 20 minute session, then they need to make sure in that time, they need to satisfy the player within that amount of time (whether to increase the number of opponents or provide more save points). Yes, it nice to ask about features that users like and dislike, but fine tuning the number of grenades or reload time, shouldn't be left uncontrolled user questionnaires. A better data point would be how long do you usually live? Do you think it's too short or too long? And what usually kill you most often? That way the developer would figure out if they need to balance out the weapons or reduce the quantity of the certain items.

A game that is fun to play depends on many factors, so it's really hard to make a game fun on a few suggestions from users, because most users haven't thought it through. I've being developing software and most of the time, users don't know what they really want. They may have ideas on what they like, but to have a complete package is beyond a few e-mail or hours of discussion. But in the end, like PC-Engine and L-B said, it's the developer that need to decide how the balance the overall game to make it fun...it's their job. Yes, there are some users (gamers) that have really good suggestions, but how are you going to find them in a sea of data? And shouldnt that gamer be developing games instead of the developer asking for help to make it better?

I find Tommy Lee Jones to be of great help on this topic. "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky and stupid. And you know it."

bRoNx said:
I can't believe you guys missed this, and instead insisted on arguing (valids points may I add) on and on and on...

Anyways, TTP...SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!!! :devilish:

Sorry, didn't get TTP. What is he saying?

Yeah, it seems KZ2 (PS2) has been cancelled. Never seen any screeshots or clips. Good that they are focussing solely on KZ for PS3.

PC-Engine said:
Fans don't have control over the look of the car either. They either like what they are given or they don't. ;)
ofcourse since until now they have never been asked and ofcourse that costed to the devs when their game didnt sell as good as they hoped since game testers didnt do their job well ;)
There are many occasions where hardcore fans get extremely technical when it comes to gameplay and notice things the game testers didnt give a damn about.Not to mention countless bugs.And certaintly reviews notice the flaws too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nesh said:
ofcourse since until now they have never been asked and ofcourse that costed to the devs when their game didnt sell as good as they hoped since game testers didnt do their job well ;)
There are many occasions where hardcore fans get extremely technical when it comes to gameplay and notice things the game testers didnt give a damn about.Not to mention countless bugs.And certaintly reviews notice the flaws too ;)

Why do you keep coming back for more smack down?

When will game developers ask fans to design a whole game which according to you would be perfect? :LOL:

Your whole argument about fans being better than game testers equalling better games fell flat on its face after TrungGap's post. :LOL:

You're on the losing end of the argument, quit now and save yourself from further embarrassment.

Ok, Guerrilla = Bad/Wrong for asking the people who play their game for potentially helpful feedback

*Noted*

Kabbage said:
Ok, Guerrilla = Bad/Wrong for asking the people who play their game for potentially helpful feedback

*Noted*

Who said it is bad wrong? People are saying it might be a good thing for them because their game isn't that great to begin with. Others are saying it may/maynot be a good thing in general as the developer still has to decide.

It's becoming boring to have to moderate you because you fail to behave well in society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back