Website's that you used to visit, but don't anymore

linthat22

Regular
Just kinda curious as to what website's ya'll used to visit, but stopped doing so for one reason or another.

Mine is Voodoo Extreme. I used to go to that website way back in the hayday when 3Df/x was on top of the world and then some. After they switched to IGN I quit going to that site. It just wasn't the same place anymore.

Now, someone else's turn.

linthat22 said:
Just kinda curious as to what website's ya'll used to visit, but stopped doing so for one reason or another

Used to visit TomsHardware and AnandTech way back in the day, but stopped visiting them somewhere around '99 as they haven't got a clue. I also used to but stopped visiting [H]ardOCP starting back in the NV30-debacle as they haven't got a clue either and seem to be run by some rather pig-headed stubborn people.

I used to regularily read VE, Hardocp, Anandtech and Toms. I still click on the occasional link that leads to Anand and [H], but I never just go to look around anymore.

OCAU forums. I was admin of the video card section for a year or so, unfortunately some of the other staff were (are) too arrogant to realise they're running the site into the ground. It's pretty much overrun by morons now, the price of popularity I guess? :???:

SharkyExtreme because I just got disinterested in the site, and Rage3D. I didn't stop going to Rage3D because I didn't like it, but cause I get a 6800 GT to replace my 9700 Pro. I'm sure I'll stop going to Nvnews (for drivers links) if I get an ATI card and go back to Rage3D. But I think Beyond3D killed those two forums for me. You get both here. :smile:

HardOCP. First stoped doing the forums, its just over run by ******'s worse than any other forum I've been to so far. This is also the reason why I wont really touch Anand's forum, I'm sure its similair, plus from what I've seen the forum has a terrible layout.

Overclockerscafe. Very down to earth site, great place really. Just didnt provide enough information for may daily needs anymore.

I used to spend a bit of time over at [H] and Rage3d, but I was never a regular.

I was a regular over at Bjorn3d way back in the day, but stopped going after I found this place and it became obvious that Rendition was done for.

Voodoo Extreme after Billy (RIP) left. I only consistently read Evil Avatar now for "independent" (i.e. non-corporate) gaming news/articles.

Also, Sharky Extreme after Sharky left.

Blade said:
Voodoo Extreme after Billy (RIP) left. I only consistently read Evil Avatar now for "independent" (i.e. non-corporate) gaming news/articles.

Also, Sharky Extreme after Sharky left.

What happened to Billy? did he really die?

Rage3D. Left because the average maturity level seemed to fall into a steady decline following the success of the Radeon 9700pro.

nVnews, Rage3D. No particular reason, just didn't have the time to get sucked in.

voodooextreme

Was my favourite site a long time ago :cry:

3dfxgamers until it died

Last edited:
Back