Sony X-Black HS75P/B

pascal said:
- Docs and texts looks better and sharper.
- Colors looks good and are enhanced by the better contrast.
- I saw no ghost or blur.

these are most likely due to DVI connection, than the monitor itself

V

Well, from experience, all i can say is that putting an Xblack monitor like the one mentioned here and any other one side by side, the difference is really REALLY striking. Howeve i have not had the chance of testing one to see if there is loss of detail on dark and things like that. For example, my Samsung LCD HDTV has an option called "Dynamic Contrast" which creates the illusion of deeper blacks, but by doing so it loses a lot of detail in dark scenes - everything's totally black instead of being what it should be. So i just keep it off. It kinda gives a more striking look to the image, but personally i like to see people's hair, and not just a black thing on their head (that's how bad it is)... Things like that.

Not sure how the Sony handles this.

LB, to say the truth this LCD is not perfect, and you can find the problems when using Displaymate. But definitely it is better than any other LCD available here.

I will try to find a test to answer your concerns.

For now one more pic from the Cars trailler quicktime 720p :)

Last edited by a moderator:
vb said:
these are most likely due to DVI connection, than the monitor itself

V

Not quite. The DVI connection helps but even with analogue output these monitors do have higher than normal contrast ratio's due to the glass panel.

I think after searching for a 13-14" IPS Panel which is not available I will also switch over to x-black and sony. :smile:

Back