Next Gen Graphic Effects Are Amazing (Xbox 360, PS3)

mech said:
"Horrible"? Wtf? I've seen screen grabs of Kameo with textures that look that bad. It looks fantastic. How can you say "it's not a knock on MGS4" but "the texturing on MGS4 is horrible IMO"? Wow, there are a couple of blurry textures - the majority look great. We're still not at a point where every little thing in a game is going to have a crystal clear texture map unfortunately.

LOL. Yes IMO, in case you're not familiar with that acronym it's in my opinion. ;) And yes the textures on the wall, ground and that tank are horrible for a "next-gen" game IMO. COD2's textures don't sit well with me either. I don't see why you'd get so defensive with something like that, you should want and expect better aswell. Hopefully they're improved. We'll see.

ralexand said:
Has it been confirmed that the ps3 can or cannot do hdr and multi-sample AA at the same time like the 360?

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but the G70 it's based on can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty its not that impressive. Its stuff we've been seeing for god knows how long from companies telling us "this is how next-gen should look".

To me, I personlly want realistic visuals. Which, from what I've seen, are damn near impossible for a very very very very very very very very very, and to get my point across more, very very long time. I'll be straight up and say that both kameo and MGS4 look like utter shit.

If I wanted to play with clay figures I'd go out and buy some play-do and spend some time modeling my own. Its a hell of a lot cheaper and it improves my artistic skill. Seems to me that the only thing these consoles have in mind or using the 'wow" effects again that got boring years ago. Sure, after your first hour playing a game you're in amazment, but after that it get so freaking boring.

Meh, I guess my point goes with the title in a way. Sure next gen effects are amazing, but next gen graphics suck.

Actually it really is pretty impressive when you see it in person on an HDTV.

I spend half my time in Kameo just looking at shit, your constantly running somewhere and are like "whoa...check that out" and you stop just to look at some awesome texture, or 3d looking boulders, or the excellent glare from the horses armour, right down to the textured hooves, this game constantly makes you stop and look.

it's no gears of war, or MGS, but it's still ridiculously good

You're definitely too jaded if you think those games look like shit, plus I don't see anything wrong with an ideallized realism, a world that was all colorful with rainbows and glowing particles would be cool like it is in Kameo. If you're going to hold everything up to this realism standard then I would stick to watching live action movies devoid of special effects.
Skrying said:
In all honesty its not that impressive. Its stuff we've been seeing for god knows how long from companies telling us "this is how next-gen should look".

To me, I personlly want realistic visuals. Which, from what I've seen, are damn near impossible for a very very very very very very very very very, and to get my point across more, very very long time. I'll be straight up and say that both kameo and MGS4 look like utter shit.

If I wanted to play with clay figures I'd go out and buy some play-do and spend some time modeling my own. Its a hell of a lot cheaper and it improves my artistic skill. Seems to me that the only thing these consoles have in mind or using the 'wow" effects again that got boring years ago. Sure, after your first hour playing a game you're in amazment, but after that it get so freaking boring.

Meh, I guess my point goes with the title in a way. Sure next gen effects are amazing, but next gen graphics suck.

mckmas8808 said:
You do realize that the system they are developing that on is not the real PS3 right? You also realize that the programming on the software side is not complete also right?

Just checking.;)

What does this have to do with his post?

You felt some need to damage control something, but yet he didn't state anything negative ;)

mckmas8808 said:
You do realize that the system they are developing that on is not the real PS3 right? You also realize that the programming on the software side is not complete also right?

Just checking.;)
Funny that you mentioned that since I said the same thing a couple posts later.

Hardknock said:
What does this have to do with his post?

You felt some need to damage control something, but yet he didn't state anything negative ;)

We have some not so smart people that read these boards and I didn't want those people to not understand the truth. Sorry but there really are so plain stupid people.

mckmas8808 said:
We have some not so smart people that read these boards and I didn't want those people to not understand the truth. Sorry but there really are so plain stupid people.

Right...so for the not so smart people that read these boards, let's spell it out:

"Any in-game footage we've seen so far for PS3 is disappointing compared to pre-rendered CGI representations. All we know is that the final game will be somewhere between what we've see so far, and the CGI ideal."

So , can G70 use vertex texturing to some implamentations like heavy displacment in kameo/pdz Or it need Cell assist to give the same results ?

groper said:
So , can G70 use vertex texturing to some implamentations like heavy displacment in kameo/pdz Or it need Cell assist to give the same results ?

I could be wrong but I thought that was what this link HERE was suppose to explain?
fragend013.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive.Checking the edges of the 3D models they are flat meaning that they are made out of few polygons with flat surfaces and no depth but the textures show otherwise as if the model is made out of a lot more polygons and forming complex surfaces while they are actually flat!Very very very impressed!!! :D

mckmas8808 said:
I could be wrong but I thought that was what this link HERE was suppose to explain?
fragend013.gif

I saw this link before but i was asking about real life and not on papers :D
For example on papers Geforce FX series support full DX9 .
But IRL... o_O

Back