Thinking of trading in the 350Z...

radeonic2 said:
The new vert does a 1/4 mile closer to an 11.9, but got some odd reason the new coupe does it in 12.1, not sure what happened there.
Motortrend also got the vert to stop from 60 in under 100 feet, actually set a record:D
In the handling measurements they do, which are a joke, like slamom and road holding a viper also does well.
Vipers do handle well, it's just once you exceed the huge limits it has, you're fucked.
Like if you get a litty happy with the gas pedal you're fucked usally.
It's too bad the new viper coupe has been tamed.
no doubt the viper is a good performer, I'd still rather have the Porsche GT2. And, if I only had about 90k to spend, I'd probably end up getting a C2. The bottom line for me is if it's ugly I cannot love it.

the LSAT has nothing to do with the SAT's, not even the same organization. Just happened to get a similar aconym.

What do you think the tests I was taking do?
If you read to far into the question you'll get alot of them wrong.. because you have to limit your self to just what the question says like you said;)
well maybe it's from experience with everyone elses arguments but you have
(we now take a brief interlude....[30 minutes later...] note to self: rice milk in new electric tea kettle does NOT whistle and SHOOTS out SUDDENLY and makes the floor very sticky... and freaks out roomate when he see's it out of the corner of his eye and forgot about the new tea kettle and thought the TV was somehow spewing water...)
...okay i totally forgot where I was going with this post. something along the lines of you keep thinking I'm using the same arguments that are so typical but you have to take what I write and only what I write.

One of the greatest things about owning a car that was designed before WW2 (my dad got me a bug, which perhaps to his dismay I will sell as soon as I fix it) is that humans not only designed it, but put it together.
Which that in mind, you have to know that somebody put every part of your car together, so there's no reason you can't.
Ya just gotta know how.
sounds like you should buy an old MG :)

But luckily todays cars have excellent computers which can do amazing things.
Like if you have a misfire, it knows which cylinder is it.
Thats amazing imo.
They're able to figure it about with the crank sensor- they see a slighty rpm drop on the crank and they know what position the crank is at so it knows which cylinder is down.
yup, my car amazes me when I see the shop computer hooked up to it and all of the information they can get out of it... of course, it was enough just when I found out how to check the oil in it- turn on ignition, navigate to "check oil" option in computer, wait for it to tell you. That's just cool. Of course, the downside is that if you start doing mods sometimes it will think there are errors when there really aren't and you have to figure how to get around that.

Sage said:
no doubt the viper is a good performer, I'd still rather have the Porsche GT2. And, if I only had about 90k to spend, I'd probably end up getting a C2. The bottom line for me is if it's ugly I cannot love it.
I'd have to have both..
Ya know the beetle was designed by Ferdinand Porsche:D

the LSAT has nothing to do with the SAT's, not even the same organization. Just happened to get a similar aconym.
Oh...

well maybe it's from experience with everyone elses arguments but you have
(we now take a brief interlude....[30 minutes later...] note to self: rice milk in new electric tea kettle does NOT whistle and SHOOTS out SUDDENLY and makes the floor very sticky... and freaks out roomate when he see's it out of the corner of his eye and forgot about the new tea kettle and thought the TV was somehow spewing water...)
...okay i totally forgot where I was going with this post. something along the lines of you keep thinking I'm using the same arguments that are so typical but you have to take what I write and only what I write.
:LOL:

sounds like you should buy an old MG :)
Actually I need something that is rear drive and atleast some what fast.
Something that is balanced, not something that handles like a dream and goes like a slug (miata) or something that goes like bat out of hell and handles bad, atleast stock (like a mustang/camaro).

yup, my car amazes me when I see the shop computer hooked up to it and all of the information they can get out of it... of course, it was enough just when I found out how to check the oil in it- turn on ignition, navigate to "check oil" option in computer, wait for it to tell you. That's just cool. Of course, the downside is that if you start doing mods sometimes it will think there are errors when there really aren't and you have to figure how to get around that.
It checks the oil for you?
Like the condition of it, or the amount in it?

radeonic2 said:
I'd have to have both..
Ya know the beetle was designed by Ferdinand Porsche:D
well I knew that Porsche owned a fair bit of VW

oh in case you weren't aware- LSAT = Law School Admissions Test

yeah, thankfully I was sitting right next to it and pulled the plug... but man that stuff was SHOOTING out! It was like the tea kettle was having an orgasm! I kinda forgot that I had turned it on...

Actually I need something that is rear drive and atleast some what fast.
Something that is balanced, not something that handles like a dream and goes like a slug (miata) or something that goes like bat out of hell and handles bad, atleast stock (like a mustang/camaro).
well at least we can agree on that... I just can't stand the styling of the viper. that's really the only thing I have against it, but it totally kills it for me.

yes it does, this is humorous for you? Unfortunately there is not a way of checking it manually which really really really sucks because I had to drain the oil completely and measure how much was in to make sure that the computer was calibrated correctly (didnt trust it, especially when it kept telling me to add oil every few months... but, it seems I'm burning a not-unreasonable-ammount for that engine, especially the way I drive it sometimes)

oh yeah and it measures amount, not condition. I change it every 6k so I'm definitely keeping it in good condition.

oh yeah, and if I need to add some it tells me how much, accurate to the 0.5qt. And, as soon as it thinks i need to add 1.0qt or more it will beep at me while I'm going down the road and display a pretty little picture that says "check oil level!" which scared the CRAP out of me the first time it did that! Especially when I couldn't find a damned dipstick to check it my own damned self!

Oh, and I suggested an MG because they are hand-built (i think they were...) and you ge to work on them a lot ;)

Sage said:
Most people think it's hitler's car:D
He had a small role in the project- he wanted a car that was affordable and could do 60MPH and get good fuel economy.

oh in case you weren't aware- LSAT = Law School Admissions Test
Ya I did google that.:D

yeah, thankfully I was sitting right next to it and pulled the plug... but man that stuff was SHOOTING out! It was like the tea kettle was having an orgasm! I kinda forgot that I had turned it on...
Lucky:D
Orgasm:LOL:

well at least we can agree on that... I just can't stand the styling of the viper. that's really the only thing I have against it, but it totally kills it for me.
Well the style reresents what it is.. a big badass brute

yes it does, this is humorous for you? Unfortunately there is not a way of checking it manually which really really really sucks because I had to drain the oil completely and measure how much was in to make sure that the computer was calibrated correctly (didnt trust it, especially when it kept telling me to add oil every few months... but, it seems I'm burning a not-unreasonable-ammount for that engine, especially the way I drive it sometimes)
Yep, I find it funny that it tells you something that you could check your self on a normal car.

oh yeah and it measures amount, not condition. I change it every 6k so I'm definitely keeping it in good condition.
Well it's slightly less funny now because there are some luxury cars that actually tell you the condition of the oil based on your driving habits.

radeonic2 said:
Most people think it's hitler's car:D
He had a small role in the project- he wanted a car that was affordable and could do 60MPH and get good fuel economy.
yes i'd heard that it was his but there was some level of doubt in my mind...

Well the style reresents what it is.. a big badass brute
well I'm glad that someone see's it for that... to me the styling makes it look like a flipper-baby

Yep, I find it funny that it tells you something that you could check your self on a normal car.
ah, i see

Well it's slightly less funny now because there are some luxury cars that actually tell you the condition of the oil based on your driving habits.
well it does tell me how long before i need to get serviced next based on my driving habits... but yeah i really wish it would both tell me AND i could check it manually. don't trust computers.

Sage said:
yes i'd heard that it was his but there was some level of doubt in my mind...

well I'm glad that someone see's it for that... to me the styling makes it look like a flipper-baby

ah, i see

well it does tell me how long before i need to get serviced next based on my driving habits... but yeah i really wish it would both tell me AND i could check it manually. don't trust computers.
Well hitler wasn't known for his automobile engineering skills was he;)
Lol.. flipper.. ya.. a pissed of flipper.
So how how come you can't check the oil level manually?

radeonic2 said:
Well hitler wasn't known for his automobile engineering skills was he;)

yup... and with all of that being a crazy dictator thing I couldn't ever figure out where he had the TIME to design a car

Lol.. flipper.. ya.. a pissed of flipper.
yeah, pissed off about having little nubbs for arms and legs, and a forehead that looks like a misshapen ass, so it sits there and flips about wildly like a dieing animal until someone takes pitty on the poor thing and squashes its head in with the heel of their boot...

no dipstick. not because it's missing but because it was designed to not be checked manually.

Sage said:
yup... and with all of that being a crazy dictator thing I couldn't ever figure out where he had the TIME to design a car

yeah, pissed off about having little nubbs for arms and legs, and a forehead that looks like a misshapen ass, so it sits there and flips about wildly like a dieing animal until someone takes pitty on the poor thing and squashes its head in with the heel of their boot...

no dipstick. not because it's missing but because it was designed to not be checked manually.
What a silly car you have:LOL:

radeonic2 said:

Yes, both. The oil quality is mesured the whole time and is used in the control logic.

And the missfiring of a cylinder is detected via pressure measurement and knocking, in our cars at least.

Sage said:

They just bought a huge amount of VW shares and are the biggest shareholder again now.

That's perfectly normal, the measurement is quite precise and will nag you even for 0.2l. And you _do_ consume oil all the time.

As I said above, it _does_ measure the quality as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
radeonic2 said:

It was removed because it's not needed anymore, it was just a reminiscence from the old cars which didn't have the ability. The system is reliable and more precise than the manual check. Also, removing the tube allowed for some optimizations of other components' placement. Don't expect to ever see it again in any modern car, at least the european ones.

yeah i read about Porsche making that big buy into VW recently.

So, my car measures quality as well? Hmm I didn't know that.

But, yeah, at first I didn't trust it because I was having to add like 1qt a month... but I was driving a lot and, well, not exactly lightly (tended to spend most of my time flying down the tollways at 90ish). But I don't drive much now and it's all pretty tame. So, my consumption is way down.

_xxx_ said:
Not without reason...

[Moderated]
It's more Ferdinand Porsche's car than anyone else.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle
The origins of the car date back to 1930s Nazi Germany. Adolf Hitler wanted private motorized transport to be widely available and commissioned engineer Ferdinand Porsche to produce such a vehicle. Some claim that this was based on a sketch that Hitler drew in 1932, a year before he came to power. Hitler decreed that this car should be capable of transporting two adults and three children at a speed of 100 km/h (62 mph), and that it should cost no more than a motorcycle and sidecar to buy. A savings scheme was also launched that would enable people to buy the car. However the advent and aftermath of World War II meant that those who paid into the scheme never received their cars. Rumors said that the Beetle was originally designed for conversion into a makeshift armored car in times of war. Its style resembles a tankette without a turret or armor.
Hitler just wanted a cheap car that could do 60.. and he drew a picture.
While Ferdinand did all the real work:!:

what's more interesting is the story about the rivalry between Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Legend has it that the tractor maker became dissatisfied with his Ferrari and took it down the road to Maranello to discuss its shortcomings with one Enzo Ferrari. There Il Commendatore either rebuffed Lamborghini or refused to see him at all. Because of this, the legend continues, the tractor manufacturer decided to outdo the famous car builder at his own game. Within months he had opened Automobili Ferruccio Lamborghini.

unforunately, this legend is probably not true. But, it's a nice to think that is it :)

Back