Snow!!!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Yay! I woke up and got shocked at about an inch of snow covering everything.

It's already melting, but it's supposed to get colder later and we're going to have a real snow storm hit! :D

I wouldn't be so excited if my wife didn't have the next 4 days off, or if I planned on going more than a half-mile for Thanksgiving; but since she does and I don't I'm all happiful. :)

Pictures of puppies in the snow tomorrow if the snowstorm hits and my wife remembers batteries for the camera. My wife had a pretty near call on the way to work today remembering the 350Z's limits in the snow, but she's ok and the car is fine so it's a cheap lesson and it's all good. 8)

It's snowing here in Dayton, OH, too. I might be spending my Thanksgiving morning shovelling the driveway (something I actually enjoy doing).

we still have leaves on the trees here. one tree in our parking lot has barely begun turning color (pin oak).

sposed to snow in the mountains though (western NC). ski resorts opening up. good news for hospitals!

K.I.L.E.R said:
Hey Digi why do you spell "Color" as "Colour"?
Americans don't use a 'u' in their spelling.
Because EB is an international site and it's my formal job title there so I thought I'd use the more international spelling.

Besides, it goes well with how I say "bloody" all the time. ;)

John Reynolds said:
It's snowing here in Dayton, OH, too. I might be spending my Thanksgiving morning shovelling the driveway (something I actually enjoy doing).
I used to, but I'm not allowed to anymore. The first snow after my heart attack my wife ran out and bought a really sweet snow thrower, but I enjoy using that too even though it doesn't take anywhere near as long and I usually end up doing the neighbors too just because once I get started I keep being bloody amazed at just how quickly it clears snow. :)

linthat22 said:
Pics Pics Pics
Batteries batteries batteries. ;)

The snow is about melted here, I just came in from teaching the puppies how to catch snowballs with a little help from my dog Beanie. Once they saw her do it they were all clamoring for some. Now it's all trampled/melty/muddy, but the temperature is supposed to drop later and a major storm should be hitting.

I'm looking forward to it, I really am. I love winter!

The weather looks like snow here in Italy too (in fact it's been snowing all day long in some other zones of Italy). And for the coming W.E. too, forecasts are that it'll snow a lot.

Check out these temps, I can't beleive the 12+ Celcius we have right now, last year at this time it was -30 to -40 (without windchill). :D

We had a smattering of snow a few weeks back, but it never stayed, I like snow too just not when it's too cold even for snow.

EDIT: BTW 'Colour' is how it 'Bloody' should be spelled ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
_xxx_ said:
If you like snow, I'll be happy to send you all our snow in exchange for some sunshine :)

Come on, you central european mustard! ;) You gotta be joking that you are getting snow?? We are still waiting to get even some cold air (having around 5-10 degrees warmer than it should be.), without mentioning snow. And it's late November for christ sake! what's the wrong with this globe?

digitalwanderer said:
Yay! I woke up and got shocked at about an inch of snow covering everything.

It's already melting, but it's supposed to get colder later and we're going to have a real snow storm hit! :D

I wouldn't be so excited if my wife didn't have the next 4 days off, or if I planned on going more than a half-mile for Thanksgiving; but since she does and I don't I'm all happiful. :)

Pictures of puppies in the snow tomorrow if the snowstorm hits and my wife remembers batteries for the camera. My wife had a pretty near call on the way to work today remembering the 350Z's limits in the snow, but she's ok and the car is fine so it's a cheap lesson and it's all good. 8)

I woke up to that same Indiana snowstorm (spent the night in Mishiwaka Tuesday night). Tho I wasn't nearly so thrilled as you. ;) Survived getting back onto 90 tho, and it was pretty decent shape.

Nappe1 said:
Come on, you central european mustard! ;) You gotta be joking that you are getting snow?? We are still waiting to get even some cold air (having around 5-10 degrees warmer than it should be.), without mentioning snow. And it's late November for christ sake! what's the wrong with this globe?

We had a few cm this week, today when I woke up (6 am) it was -3°C out there... :cry:

geo said:
I woke up to that same Indiana snowstorm (spent the night in Mishiwaka Tuesday night). Tho I wasn't nearly so thrilled as you. ;) Survived getting back onto 90 tho, and it was pretty decent shape.
Its Mishawaka, and it a 10 minute drive from my house. I HATE SNOW.:D

digitalwanderer said:
Isn't that Michigan? By Red Bud Trail and Puppy Island? :-|
Na, Mishawaka is just east of south bend. I,ve been to Red Bud Trail, but i don't think I have ever heard of Puppy Island, sounds scary to me.:D

Back