New cheeseball ATi slides bashing 512MB 7800 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharkfood said:
Yah, you know you're heading to a very, very scary place when marketing materials feature quotes from Beyond3D forums. :rofl:

I think we should dedicate an entire thread to the obvious quotable words of our very own.. SynapticSignal.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/search.php?searchid=105008

My favorite is actually:

Maybe Synaptic is part of a viral marketting campaign? Oooh, ATI pick me to send free stuff to do viral marketting! I'm only a 1 green bar poster, it's not much of a sell out, and I really do love ATI products when they're better! When image quality is of the utmost concern, I wouldn't touch anything other than a Radeon.

I think it's quite obvious that the future of gaming is branch heavy shaders, and the X1800 line SLAUGHTERS the competition's performance.

This is just childish. Ati used to be seen as the good guys and nvidia was seen as the evil ones cheating in games. This does nothing but hurt them.

Now Ati just looks moronic, assuming this is true. Their PR reps need to retake their marketing classes.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
I'm really not a fan of negative marketing, but after all the time that ATI spent getting hit in the face by Nvidia's version of these slides, I'm kind of glad that ATI have finally been fighting back in this way. At least now it's not just one side's FUD getting out. I guess that if both sides are doing it, I hope the overall effect will be to cancel each other out. It's just a pity that this sort of gutter fighting is now the norm for the industry, rather than the exception.
I am highly amused at your capacity for self-delusion. Perhaps you have forgotten last year's slides from Richard Huddy at ATi bashing the 6800 Ultra with his "desperate" comments about SM 3.0. Don't defend ATi for this. They both do it and ATi seems to be doing more of it at the moment.

Zod said:
I am highly amused at your capacity for self-delusion. Perhaps you have forgotten last year's slides from Richard Huddy at ATi bashing the 6800 Ultra with his "desperate" comments about SM 3.0. Don't defend ATi for this. They both do it and ATi seems to be doing more of it at the moment.
Wasn't he right about SM3.0 branching, which was the main thrust of his slides, and the major improvements of the X1xxx series?

It's not like ATI are paying shills to pretend to be paying customers like Nvidia are doing. If you can't see the difference in that, then I think you are the one suffering from delusions. Nvidia apologists always point at ATI's minor trangressions as an excuse for Nvidia going beyond the pale, as if they are the same thing at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't he right about SM3.0 branching, which was the main thrust of his slides, and the major improvements of the X1xxx series?

It's not like ATI are paying shills to pretend to be paying customers like Nvidia are doing. If you can't see the difference in that, then I think you are the one suffering from delusions. Nvidia apologists always point at ATI's minor trangressions as an excuse for Nvidia going beyond the pale, as if they are the same thing at all.
Your colourful language makes abundantly clear that you are partial in this matter. ATi did it back when the GF4 came out too, claiming that the Ti4600 was inferior old tech compared with the R8500.

As I said before they both do it. ATi is not a saintly company fighting a diabolical nvidia. They are both companies pushing each other on to new advances, but subject to childish swipes at each other.

Huddy is in charge of European developer relations - and not on the account management side; he is very technically oriented.

Dave Baumann said:
Huddy is in charge of European developer relations - and not on the account management side; he is very technically oriented.
Aplologies. I googled after posting and changed my post.

Zod said:
Your colourful language makes abundantly clear that you are partial in this matter. ATi did it back when the GF4 came out too, claiming that the Ti4600 was inferior old tech compared with the R8500.

As I said before they both do it. ATi is not a saintly company fighting a diabolical nvidia. They are both companies pushing each other on to new advances, but subject to childish swipes at each other.

And you don't address the point - Huddy was right.

Seems your partiality shows by your willingness to blow off all the misleading and downright lying that Nvidia PR has done by saying "they all do it", as if there's no difference in what they've done.

Prove that BZB or don't suggest it.

See geo....look what you've started!! :D Now all the flag waving ATi supporters are gonna hide behind Nvidia's "paying of shills" every chance they get.

trinibwoy said:
See geo....look what you've started!! :D Now all the flag waving ATi supporters are gonna hide behind Nvidia's "paying of shills" every chance they get.

No, not me. As regrettable as it is, NV did it to themselves. Pointing at something does not bring it into existance. It was already there to be pointed at. Hopefully they'll eventually decide to talk about it.

geo said:
No, not me. As regrettable as it is, NV did it to themselves. Pointing at something does not bring it into existance. It was already there to be pointed at. Hopefully they'll eventually decide to talk about it.

Well they weren't exactly trying to hide their relationship with AEG from anyone. I was referring to the sensationalizing of the whole thing. What is it that you would like Nvidia to come out and say?

trinibwoy said:
Well they weren't exactly trying to hide their relationship with AEG from anyone. I was referring to the sensationalizing of the whole thing. What is it that you would like Nvidia to come out and say?

I'd like a list of all AEG 'shills' myself.

trinibwoy said:

What the "community outreach" programs that AEG are running for them consist of, and why it is that a communications company in charge of "community outreach" with the effectiveness praised by DP in such lavish terms has zero visibility in the community. Additionally, they can make their case for why disclosing participation in such a program is apparently legally foreclosed. They can either answer those questions in public in a way that reasonable (note qualifier) people will find acceptable, or they can't.

But maybe they really don't care, Trini. Maybe they already made their calculations long ago and figured it was well worthwhile to create even more suspicion and distrust in the community for whatever gain they see the program bringing. Either way, lay the bill at their door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back