Australian Xbox 360 launch details

Hmmm, someone needs to explain to MS what 'worldwide' launch means. Recognising the existence of a Southern Hemisphere would be a god start.

The problem is Australia is probably <5% of the worldwide market. If I was Microsoft I wouldn't give a damn about us either. Microsoft needs to make as big an impact in America, Europe and Japan as it possibly can.
The upside for it being delayed 3 months down here is if there are any problems with the hardware, they most likely will be sorted out by the time we get an XBOX 360 in our hands.

It's not so much the March launch that annoys it, it's more the fact we are a PAL territory, and hence, it should launch over here and New Zealand when all the other PAL terroritories get it ( ie Europe! ). Like I said in another thread, send over 10,000 our way for Christmas, and at that price, that should be plenty of units to satisfy the hardcore gamers hunger!

Now I am just bitter, and will buy a PS3 first instead, and wait until the X360 drops a fair amount in price before I consider picking one up!

MARCH?! That's crap! Still, Australia must be in the region of 2% of the global videogame market, if even that. I think it's an even smaller market that the UK alone, so the fact that it's pretty much a "territory" of its own is always going to make it harder to market things down there. At least the UK is together with the rest of the European Union which makes us a third of the whole market, pretty much. Not that it ever mattered but anyway..

The only reason not to release to Australia is the transport. They can use English XB360s, and AFAIK only need a small amount. Australians aren;t as big into video games. Something to do with having beaches and barbies and better things to do with their time ;)

Shifty Geezer said:
The only reason not to release to Australia is the transport. They can use English XB360s, and AFAIK only need a small amount. Australians aren;t as big into video games. Something to do with having beaches and barbies and better things to do with their time ;)

Nope, they can't use UK ones. The plug is different. And i assume there is some sort of region coding for the games?

Oh i was gonna ask, what is the region coding situation with X360? Still locked i assume?

Can't wait till we have global consoles that can play any game from any region dammit.

IMO, the important thing is the decent pricing. Good to see that MS aren't giving us the shaft. They learnt their lesson from last time.

Besides, it gives me plenty of time to save up for a new home enterainment system and hopefully by March someone will have figured out how to play DIVX/XVID avis on the 360 so I can dump my oxbox. :devilish: Really looking forward to getting stuck into Neon...

Its just horseshit really.

The region is the same,my AUS PS2 games are the same as the EUR PS2 games all the way down to the multi language choices on the front menu.

Finding the right plugs for an AUS release a 10 sec search.

Sony for Example treat AUS/NZ as a part of EUR because of the PAL thing.

MS can go and fuck themselves. per capita we are the best market @ about 40% market share but that only gets you bent over. bye bye 360

if it really gonna be released in march o fnext year down here, i guess there wont be much people buying the thing since the ps3 is just around the corner, well 6 months is just around the corner.

dantruon said:
if it really gonna be released in march o fnext year down here, i guess there wont be much people buying the thing since the ps3 is just around the corner, well 6 months is just around the corner.

Well that's unless Sony decide to do a MS and release PS3 5 months after European release, which is gonna be far away enough... ;) In any case, u're f**ked :devilish:

Question? Didnt the original XBox bomb in Japan? I know it is the majority of the video game market, but for some reason I thought the XBox didnt do very good there. You would think that they would send a few to Australia and NZ. And why does everyplace have to have a different coding and plugins. Can't we all just standardize. Is the Austalian plug the same as the euro? Or do they have a completly different one too?

Point is, if you really want one, I am sure there will be some on ebay soon enough. I remember when the XBox came out, there were people selling the box the console came in, just the box. And it sold for like $500. JUST A BOX!! People are crazy

-#1Gamer. Yeah Shifty, I do work for GameAlmanac.com. But you'll notice I have more posts now.

hugo said:
In India?
Hahaahahaha

You don't even have decent broadband to start with.Duh!

It was a sarcastic remark incase you didn't get it. :smile: Anyway wait till 2020 and you will see consoles getting launched in India/China alongwith US.

whats the deal, just import one from england or ANY european country.

hit ebay and buy it!

Back