Condemned Review IGN

Jawed said:
The graphics engine in Condemned looks to be quite similar to FEAR, doesn't it?

I haven't played Condemned, though. The vids I've seen look like good fun.

Jawed

It's the same engine but "on steroids"

can't wait :p

WOW reviewers really kill the score when they feel the game is too short, I mean he raves about the game and then gives it a 8 somthing.

Just saw a video preview at Gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1654

The Melee fights look cool, but that's it, as far as i'm concerned, other than that all I was telling to myself during the preview, was that the framerate was chugging too much for my liking and the textures artwork is seriously lacking of consistency (Some high-res textures mixed with some low-res).

I'll try the PC demo (when it's released) first before passing a definitive judgement... But I think I'll pass.

It has been developed by the Monolith team that made Tron 2.0, though, and I liked this game. Well, let's wait and see.

The game looks cool. Kind of 1st person Silent Hill. Only not Silent Hill... Tries to go for that eerie pitch black type atmosphere.

The Melee fights look cool, but that's it, as far as i'm concerned, other than that all I was telling to myself during the preview, was that the framerate was chugging too much for my liking and the textures artwork is seriously lacking of consistency (Some high-res textures mixed with some low-res).

actually playing the game i can tell u there is no framerate issues , its about 30fps all the time i would say (i'm not good at telling framerate but i know when there are slow downs)

At one point i was attacked by 6 infected at once and there was no slow downs .

the game is way to short though so i am renting it

jvd said:
the game is way to short though so i am renting it

After reading several reviews I switched my copy over to CoD2. Both games are short and very good, but at least CoD2 has multiplayer which should add some more value to it.

Powderkeg said:
After reading several reviews I switched my copy over to CoD2. Both games are short and very good, but at least CoD2 has multiplayer which should add some more value to it.
i thought they both had multiplayer ?

I dunno we haven't gone on live yet

scooby_dooby said:
I almost want to have condemned around just to scare the crap out of people when they come over.

welcome to the next gen!

I may one day buy it used, but for only 10 hours of gameplay and virtually no replayability, $60 is a bit too much.

Powderkeg said:
I may one day buy it used, but for only 10 hours of gameplay and virtually no replayability, $60 is a bit too much.

I agree, I don't mind 10-hour games. Just not for $60. $20-30 would be fine.

Played at the X360 Preview Event in New York, and all the reviews are true this game has an ambience like none other.

I love games like this. Those that don't try to ouright scare you, but build layer upon layer of uneasiness in you. Beautiful game, was wearing surround sound wireless headphones at the event, and after about an hour of playtime I was absorbed into it. Only thing that got me out of it was Peter Moore appearing, to give a motivational speech.

I was like a kid in a candy store at the event. Writing in my little notepad about what I loved, what disapointed me, and what got me really excited about the console.

I loved Kameo, Condemned, PGR3, and CoD2. DoA4, PDZ, and NFS disappointed the hell out of me. And the expanded XBL and XBL arcade, ontop of the cleaner interface and design, really excited me about the console. And don't forget the controller. Best traditional design ever methinks. My opinion of course, but I've never had a controller that just felt that right in my hands.

Say what you will, but MS has done a bang up job with this console. The expanded features of the console itself, some of the prettiest games on the market, and a complete non-Xbox design will make the Xbox360 a hit. They've done their research this time. But I still don't understand the idea of no HDD in the base model.

i am in the middle of playing this game right now...

i don't see any framerate issues... so far...

quite a good game...

it's a little scary tho...

final pics (from playerone)
condemned17ij.jpg

condemned26le.jpg

condemned41gd.jpg

condemned31ni.jpg

Well there are jaggies, but maybe 2x, but I'm not sure I haven't look hard enough.
Anyway I'm almost finished this game and I think it deserves more credit than what it's getting, the atmosphere of this game rocks there are moments where you are honestly scared as hell and other times just in panic, when people are coming at you full of anger. Most of the environments in the game are VERY disturbing. I think it's easily 9/10 game and quite possibly the best launch game around, especially if horror is close to one's heart.

played this game a fair bit (at the library) and must say i am thoroughly enjoying it...there are some parts that may make you jump (for those that thought fear was scary, this is better at it...i thought fear was kind of cheesy with the little girl spook)

Back