Morality test

digitalwanderer said:
Cheater, LIAR!!!! :oops:

I'm the most liberal idiot on these here boards....
bleh2.gif

;)

I am actually voting for a party named the radical left (det radikale venstre) here in Denmark - so I am hard one to beat on the pinko bastard scale.

(the radical left is actually a center party and the official english translation of the party name is Danish Social Liberal Party).

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim said:
I am actually voting for a party named the radical left (det radikale venstre) here in Denmark - so I am hard one to beat on the pinko bastard scale.

(the radical left is actually a center party and the official english translation of the party name is Danish Social Liberal Party).

THe only problem is that the radical left tend to be on the right side of the middle on the political scale. Liberal when it comes to foreign and immigration/enviroment, conservative/center when it comes to retirement funding and such.

I voted for them too btw ;)

:???: hmmm strange: 44% liberal, 56% conservative

* Your values are neither extremely traditional nor particularly progressive.
* When it comes to social morals, you feel that society's current laws need to be more flexible in some areas.
* You believe that the government's current positions are generally balanced and fair, but disagree with a few of its practices.

I have an issue with that last one

Eventhough I don't subscribe to the whole liberal/conservative mumbo jumbo, what the hell is it saying? If what I quoted is what the whole liberal/conservative thing means, no wonder people these days are so stupid and pick sides.

It's like micromanaging politics. Like this generalization: Are you republican or democrat? okay, are you a liberal or conservative? okay, are you for this or for that? I mean these stupid labels are keeping people seperated and not focusing on the real issues.

More importantly, the majority of the citizens of the US would prefer if current controversial issues were resolved in compromise. For example, a large portion of Americans believe that abortion for convenience is wrong, and that late-term abortion when health is not of issue is wrong. But most also believe that there are many very valid situations for abortion (nearly all would support abortion in the case of rape, or if the health of the mother was in danger, for example).

But politicians and whatnot draw lines: are you pro-choice or pro-life? There is no middle ground in the political picture, it seems.

And if you look at the results in this thread, I think that this makes sense. The majority of respondents came forward with results in the 60%-70% liberal range, which could well be considered moderate.

Back