Any Big Country fans here?

linthat22

Regular
I'm in another Big Country mood.

I got hooked on their greatest hits album and I jamming to that disc for about 2 months straight. And then I just got 'Without the Aid of safety net Live' and man, I've been listening to the song 'The Storm' all day today.

It's amazing at how well layered their music is on the first few albums from them. And I think Stuart Adamson is an awesome lyric and song writer for the band.

So any big fans here?

"Country" as in "country&western"? :oops:

Only amount of that I can stomach is in the trucking scene of the extended director's cut of The Abyss...

He means the English (I think they're English...actually maybe Scotish) band called Big Country.

I only have The Crossing but I do enjoy their music. And if The Storm is the song I'm thinking of, it's one of my favorite from that album.

Didn't the singer die (commit suicide)?

Big Country were definitely Scottish and I'm pretty sure that Adamson has departed this mortal coil.

Not a fan myself but my sister used to like them way back when.

Yea, he committed suicide. He apparently had been dealing with alcoholism. He hung himself in a hotel in Hawaii. Pretty sad if you ask me. Just like Michael Hutchence.

Yea, that's what I recall (his passing). It was in a cheap hotel by the airport (I used to live in Hawaii so it struck a chord in me) that is plenty depressing already.

Haven't heard them for.... must be 15 years since!! I think I'll dig up some of their tunes, as I recall they were well decent.

Back