Ridge Racer 6: Why No Hype? Don't Sleep On This Incredible Game!

PC-Engine said:
I wish somebody would make a game like the old fun cross country non-looping racing type roads. I'm talking lots of different nonstop roads like in Outrun or Cruisin USA. Something like a Cannon Ball Run. RR and it's same looping tracks and fake cars get pretty boring. There's not much *value* in RR compared to games like PG3.

I'm more looking forward to the next Tokyo Highway Battle game.

Technically they can link different tracks together like in Daytona 2 or GT for this RR. But I don't know if there are that kind of mode in this RR.

Vysez said:
Speaking of Racing games that I like, does any of you guys who follows the rumors, but is a new (Dice Developed) Rallisport in the works?
Considering Rallisport 2 only sold 400k copies that doesn't seem very likely......

I love Ridge Racer but to be honest this doesn't look much different from RR5. If I were getting a 360 this wouldn't be one of my launch games.

I think the major problem is most people who've seen the game have negative feedback, apparently it really doesn't look that great for a next-generation title.
At a console launch you want to be wowed, something like PGR3 achieves that, this doesn't.

V3 said:
Yep, its the bad news I woke up to :( I wish MS would let them optimised the game a little longer.
Can you link to where you saw this? I'm not seeing it on the Bizarre website...

.Sis

london-boy said:
Looping over and over again around the same bloody track is so BORING.
They could easily do procedural tracks next-gen that are created on the fly, with never the same track twice. Seat of your pants racing instead of practising a course until you know it blindfolded. And because I'm patenting this idea (*quickly faxes form into Patent Office*) I'll make buckets of money. I'll charge a penny per virtual mile of procedurally created road. :devilish:

Hardknock said:
Hmmm, I may have misinterpreted... I saw steering wheel support or something on Teamxbox.com and automatically assumed force feedback, I'll edit my post... because I'm not really sure if it's force feedback or not :???:

Pelican has a "Force Feedback" wheel coming for the 360 but I dont know if its TRUE feedback. Im still hoping for steal DFP support. ;)

I love RR6's style, this is a sure launch game for me.

The other thing about RR is I dont feel like online adds much to this franchise since the AI is already incredibly tough at the higher levels.

Online would be better if there was some kind of customization invovled. I can't believe there isn't any in this game because one of the coolest things about RR5 were when you race against a new rival it's always exciting to see how kickass the next rival cars looks.

seismologist said:
Online would be better if there was some kind of customization invovled. I can't believe there isn't any in this game because one of the coolest things about RR5 were when you race against a new rival it's always exciting to see how kickass the next rival cars looks.

It has not been revealed if there are customizations or not according to teamxbox.

New screenshots and cars... Wipeout!? ;)
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20051111/rr6.htm

rr6_27.jpg

rr6_33.jpg

The 1-geared 3-wheeler from RR4 is still my favorite design :)

edit: Actually it might've been 2 wheels, way too long ago since I played that one, hehe.

RR6 is the only game that makes me want to early adopt an X360. I was unimpressed by the screens and pretty much wasn't even considering getting a 360, but after I got a 50fps HD cam video of RR6, the money's been burning a whole in my pocket. I really don't know now. I'm sure if it comes out on the PS3, it'll look even better (this is not a speculation about the system's power, but an assumption based on the longer development time), so I'd rather wait for that. But it's already looking terrific on the 360. You've really gotta see it in fluid motion. It's so much better to have high res textures flying by in full detail at 60fps than to have the graphics blurred all to hell. Going onto the bridge, you can actually see the structural joints on the ground. It's really impressive. The only thing that bothers me is that when the sun is reflected in the mirror, the glare doesn't go beyond the borders of the mirror. But it's just a virtual mirror, not a fully-modeled in-car one, so it's excusable.

"RR6: Lets blast a bunch of different cars at you and see what sticks"

:LOL:

I like the varied cars though. Seems like their pulling from everywhere though.

Back