Got Burned By EB: Thinking Worlwide Launch Is a Bad Idea

Play wait and see. MS is probably saying one thing and doing another. I wouldn't be too surprised if the second lot of 360's EB Games recieves is larger then what they had at launch. Then again the lack of supply might be real.

lefizz said:
And if this takes a few 360 away from some of the more arogant US citizens who think they have an automatic right to them\all the worlds oil reserves\bomb the living sh@t out of other countries etc. then fair play.
Politics don't belong in this forum. Well, save maybe corporate politics and discussions of business ethics related to consoles. But this point of yours is way out of line.

SugarCoat said:
you may want to pitch a tent if you try to go the 22nd. I fully expect some running of the bulls footage on the news

I still remember that tickle me elmo trash, damn elmo, evil red bastard
I don't camp for anything. I'll be at Target at 6:30am though. Not only because I want to be there first, but because I want to get it before work.

robofunk said:
Play wait and see. MS is probably saying one thing and doing another. I wouldn't be too surprised if the second lot of 360's EB Games recieves is larger then what they had at launch. Then again the lack of supply might be real.
Good point. I was thinking the same thing. That's why I'm not pulling my money until the 21st. Maybe MS will give EB four more 360's before all's said and done.

But I'm definately interested to see how MS can pull it off. The logistics are amazing. If anyone can pull it off, Microsoft can. Think of all the poor people that work in those factories. I bet all vacation time has been put on lock.

Alpha_Spartan said:
What a fucking cheap shot.

Ask France what happens when you don't "bomb the living sh@t out of other countries". Fucking liberal Euro bastard.

This is a rediculous comment, which makes no sense which ever way you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefizz
And if this takes a few 360 away from some of the more arogant US citizens who think they have an automatic right to them\all the worlds oil reserves\bomb the living sh@t out of other countries etc. then fair play.
Politics don't belong in this forum. Well, save maybe corporate politics and discussions of business ethics related to consoles. But this point of yours is way out of line.

This is a fair comment and i could like to say sorry. Was a bit grumpy and i do have to say that anybody who automaticlly thinks they deserve this/that hardware before me only due to there geographical location is somewhat unfair. We in the u.k. almost always pay more for any hardware (consoles/gfx cards/cpu/hd tv's/cars etc.) and always get them after the usa. I therfore thank Mr. Allard and crew for the tiny gap between us/uk launches this time around.

lefizz said:
This is a rediculous comment, which makes no sense which ever way you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefizz

This is a fair comment and i could like to say sorry. Was a bit grumpy and i do have to say that anybody who automaticlly thinks they deserve this/that hardware before me only due to there geographical location is somewhat unfair. We in the u.k. almost always pay more for any hardware (consoles/gfx cards/cpu/hd tv's/cars etc.) and always get them after the usa. I therfore thank Mr. Allard and crew for the tiny gap between us/uk launches this time around.
Congratulations! You're the first inductee into the Alpha_Spartan Ignore List.

Here's a hint for you guys:

Game stores accept pre-orders for systems because....people like you are willing to pay for something months in advance (sometimes in full) without knowing exactly what they're going to get.

Supply and demand people. Stop forking over your money half a year early. ;)

jvd said:
Sounds like your exagerating as the highest preorder store for game stops is a 188 and that is time square , the second one is at 158 .

I highly doubt your gamestop had 150 in july .

They are pre-ordering xbox 360 way before E3,in both EB and Gamestop and in both stores i know people i realy think they could be with more than 100 by that time.

robofunk said:
I don't get it. What is MS saying?

.Sis

man I should have started taking preorders for in July with no guarantee on the arrival date. That's a pretty sweet deal for EB.

Alpha_Spartan said:
Ask France what happens when you don't "bomb the living sh@t out of other countries". Fucking liberal Euro bastard.

Umm, in regards to Iraq they retain their dignity by not falling for the lies? :rolleyes:

*bot* Does anyone think that this might be some sort of ploy for MS?

You Really have to say

'Fucking liberal Euro bastard.'

which ever way you look at it is a bit rich. And why is it that in the US liberal has come to mean some close to 'commie bastard' in the McCarthy era.

For your information this is the Dictionary.com 1st definition. Of course it come from the latin liberalis meaning rather ironically Liberty/Freedom something that i have heard is quite a popular notion in the US.

1. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
2. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
3. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
4. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

Just an update:

I called the EB Games manager and she blamed it on Microsoft. She basically said MS reneged on their initial shipment numbers. MS told them one number and earlier this week they got another.

So EB was working on false information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha_Spartan said:
Just an update:

I called the EB Games manager and she blamed it on Microsoft. She basically said MS reneged on their initial shipment numbers. MS told them one number and earlier this week they got another.

So EB was working on false information.

how can MS guarantee anything in May when it wasnt even in production?

Alpha_Spartan said:
Just go ahead and say that EB must be lying. But you have to prove it. I really hope you can.

So you can make accusations without proof, but everyone else has to back their claims up?

Alpha, you think you've got it bad? Consider yourself lucky you don't live here in Australia. I thought we'd be getting X360 the same time europe does, as we are also a PAL territory, but it turns out X360 is NOT releasing here until March 2006! That's an extra 4 months after you guys get em.

Seems like someone had to get majorly shafted, and hey it may as well be those few little places like Australia and New Zealand, that the rest of the world couldn't give a crap about! lol (yes im being overly dramatic). Even if 10,000 units were released here sometime before christmas, it would possibly make a frenzy, but it would still be better.

Since it's coming out here March 2006, I think I will just bide my time and import a PS3 from Japan instead, and then wait til X360 price drops a reasonable amount before I consider buying one.

Back