Guitar Hero for PS2

I'm hearing that this game is the best sneak attack game this Christmas holiday season. I've read plenty of reviews and it seems this game really rocks. For anybody that likes to play the guitar hard please please check this game out. People are saying this is the best guitar game in history. I didn't know there were that many but hey.

Reviews below

10/10
1up

9/10
gamespot

9.2/10
ign

Need I say more?

mckmas8808 said:
I'm hearing that this game is the best sneak attack game this Christmas holiday season. I've read plenty of reviews and it seems this game really rocks. For anybody that likes to play the guitar hard please please check this game out. People are saying this is the best guitar game in history. I didn't know there were that many but hey.

Reviews below

10/10
1up

9/10
gamespot

9.2/10
ign

Need I say more?

I really want this game. The only thing stopping me is that I have 4 guitars which I barely, and hence can barely, play. Then again maybe that is a reason to get the game. :)

TheMightyPuck said:
I really want this game. The only thing stopping me is that I have 4 guitars which I barely, and hence can barely, play. Then again maybe that is a reason to get the game. :)

Yeah man pratice it up. People like you that have guitars really need to support a great game like this. If this game sells as much a GTA III it could change the way the world views guitarist.:oops:

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah man pratice it up. People like you that have guitars really need to support a great game like this. If this game sells as much a GTA III it could change the way the world views guitarist.:oops:

None at my local BestBuy. I'm sure they'll show up sooner or later.

From the vids I see, I wonder how true the notes they show on the fretboard are if you play them on a real guitar.

*side note* I'm a guitar player, but this game looks so uber gay.

linthat22 said:
From the vids I see, I wonder how true the notes they show on the fretboard are if you play them on a real guitar.

i'm not too sure but the game sure looks like alot of fun to play. i realise this is rather old news -- and was probably posted here before -- but in the off-chance this is "new" to some of you here's a mini review of the game from a live news broadcast on television. http://cbs13.com/video/?id=3252@kovr.dayport.com the broadcast is from December 9, 2005.

The game is amazing. ^_^ And challenging, too. (At least once you hop up more levels and start involving all five frets. You have to learn to move that chord hand, rather than perch above the buttons all the time.)

It's also the game that's FINALLY turning some of my friends into music-game fans as well, which I've been trying to do for ages. :p

The main complaint I can give it is that it doesn't quite have enough of the popular/guitar-heavy classics people know and would really get into, but I suppose they had to make concessions on licensing for an untested product.

GH2 should make up for it. :D

I approve of this thread. :)

Guitar Hero is one of those games that makes you really happy to be a gamer. It's a rhythm game that's actually cool. Not only is it easy to pick up and play (at least at first), but it's hard to put down - even for non-gamers.

My dad, for instance. Seventy years old, and he was grinning from ear to ear the first time he saw it. My girlfriend's the same - she's practically addicted.

What I love about the game is its deep song selection and sensible learning curve. Not only are there 30 great, classic guitar tracks, but there's also several indy tracks to keep you occupied for hours on end. There's just something about jamming to faves like ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man," Judas Priest's "You Got Another Thing Comin'," Franz Ferdinan's "Take Me Out," Megadeth's "Symphony of Destruction," and more by the likes of Deep Purple, Joan Jett, Helmet, Zakk Wylde, The Red-Hot Chili Peppers, and even Stevie Ray Vaughn.

The learning curve is steadily challenging and thoroughly satisfying. You'll fight your way through Medium, be flabbergasted by the first few songs on Hard, but then something clicks and you start making progress again. By the time you go back to Medium (as warmup at the start of a new play session), you'll be amazed at how "slow" it is and at how much your skills have improved.

The guitar peripherals are solid and incredibly fun to use. Like my girlfriend says, they make her feel like a real rock guitar player.

Add to all this a top-notch presentation that's filled with fun and personality, and you have a game that's number one in my book - with a bullet. Guitar Hero is pure gold.

Rock on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back