G71 = Rsx??

scooby_dooby said:
i never said i believed it! stop jumping to conclusions...

Understandable but we know the Inqurier's reputation. I think we should always wait for other more respectable sites to report videogame news. And that goes for any console about any subject. I just don't trust these guys.

nAo said:
Here we ago again, the RSX mistery will last forever :eek:

Take one for the team and tell us all the details -- if you get fired and get sued after it, it would have been for a good cause at least?

Xenus said:
Are you implying Sony will never actually state what the RSX is?:???:
Maybe they'll take a Revolution approach and not release the specs. Now THAT would be funny. It's borderline acceptable for Nintendo, but for Sony?

I wasn't implying anything guys, sorry, don't want to tease you.
Obviously we (as members of this internet community) will know everything about RSX..sooner or later ;)

I notice inq only gets bashed sometimes.

When they said 512 7800 was 550 mhz yesterday, nobody said anything bad about them on hardocp or elsewhere.
It seems they get bashed when it can be interpeted as bad news for some camps.

Silly writer

EndR said:
When it comes to graphic performance, the RSX can process 24 pixels with its 24 pipelines while an Xbox 360 powered with ATI's Xenos, R500 chip can do no more no less than double, 48 pixels per clock.

The rest is here..
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27463

Such statements suggest that perhaps the writers are not so knowledgable about the differences between unified shader and normal shader.

Such statements suggest that perhaps the writers are not so knowledgable about the differences between unified shader and normal shader.
I was more under impression it suggests they are not so knowledgable about what a pixel is. But hey, as long as it makes good tabloid press anything goes right :p

nAo said:
Here we ago again, the RSX mistery will last forever
660? :LOL:

On one hand, I do think it might be hard to knock out 550 mhz 7800 GTX's, even at 90 nm.

On the other, they already stated 300m transistors, 136 instructions per cycle, etc.

I still maintain, it has to have a qaud disabled. I just cant imagine they only want perfect chips.

But a 20 pipe chip would still be formidable.

Also, the MGS and Killzone demo's are very powerful. They know they have to shoot high.

Maybe INQ doesn't get the difference between pipes and ALU's.

The possibility of a drastically cut down RSX is interesting, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill said:
On one hand, I do think it might be hard to knock out 550 mhz 7800 GTX's, even at 90 nm.

On the other, they already stated 300m transistors, 136 instructions per cycle, etc.

I still maintain, it has to have a qaud disabled. I just cant imagine they only want perfect chips.

But a 20 pipe chip would still be formidable.

Also, the MGS and Killzone demo's are very powerful. They know they have to shoot high.

or lie

Bill said:
They would know they will have to face the piper on that one..they couldn't do it.

sorry this debates been done and done again, we all know it was not in game and they lied about it

Bill did not say they were real, he said they have to aim for that, and I agree.

Oh no, they are a bunch of liars! Some of you guys really need to grow up.

dukmahsik said:
sorry this debates been done and done again, we all know it was not in game and they lied about it

Way to derail a thread about a article from the Inquirer...how is that even possible.

Back