I get the feeling...

Reverend

Banned
... I'm not liked very much here.

I suppose what I did (via forum and site postings here and elsewhere) when I quit this site a long time ago has a lot to do with this. It also probably has to do with the way I post stuff here after I quit (and I do mean the way, and not the contents of my posts).

The reason for this post/thread is not egoistical; I want to continue to participate in this community but I know I have strange ways of posting my comments, ways that I think most here think are not very agreeable.

I don't foresee that I can or will change in the way I post here.

Should I stop being a part of this community? Am I a "destructive" forum participant?

I dont see that at all but then again Im French-Canadian and it might not carry into how I read english posters...

Imo, it is the way you come across rather than the content of your posts.

You seem, well, unbending or perhaps too forthright (i.e. not tactful enough).

That said, I wouldn't want you to leave.

radeonic2 said:
I think the problem is that people see the way you say things as egotistical...
Oh c'mon... if anyone is gonna post what radeonic2 posted, stop trying to be "nice" to me and substitute the word "people" with "I". That's the only way on the Net.

While some of your recent posts have seemed somewhat pretentious I don't think you are a negative influence on the community. If you want to create and engage in discussions you have proven more than capable of contributing in the past, I see no reason you couldn't continue to contribute in the future. Everyone doesn't have to like you for it to be educational and useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reverend said:
Oh c'mon... if anyone is gonna post what radeonic2 posted, stop trying to be "nice" to me and substitute the word "people" with "I". That's the only way on the Net.
Well I'm not trying to be nice.. I just don't really care.. you've never directed a hateful or really negative post toward me that I can remember.
You posted a video of you playing doom 3... I don't think I can really dislike someone who is willing to post such a video;)

Reverend said:

Should I stop being a part of this community?
That statement could be applied to just about everybody here and there are plenty of people who have a considerably more questionable style of posting than you do - everyone is different, and what one person won't be moved by a post will easily set off another; sometimes it seems to be impossible to say anything on the Internet without rubbing peoples' backs up (no matter how many emoticons you slap into it).

I suppose what I personally like to look for in a regular poster is (a) consistency and (b) a willingness to concede that they're wrong/right without getting upset/smug about it during debates. I personally have several reputations around the Net and I know that various folks like/dislike me with varying degrees of fervour; I just try to meet my own two expectations of other users and not worry too much about the rest.

Reverend said:
... I'm not liked very much here.

I suppose what I did (via forum and site postings here and elsewhere) when I quit this site a long time ago has a lot to do with this. It also probably has to do with the way I post stuff here after I quit (and I do mean the way, and not the contents of my posts).

The reason for this post/thread is not egoistical; I want to continue to participate in this community but I know I have strange ways of posting my comments, ways that I think most here think are not very agreeable.

Should I stop being a part of this community? Am I a "destructive" forum participant?

Dude.. I dont get it. I never notinced or felt any wierdness towards you.

Maybe you are just having "am i falling out of this chair"? Syndrome. ;)

IMHO you're a bit of attention whore sometimes. Posting stuff like "Why?" etc. left me scratching my head and a big :???:

You don't really participate in the discussion but just throw the bone and play spectator, which is not really productive. I think noone wants you to leave, but just to be less cryptic and discuss stuff more thoroughly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're kinda like Sage but you actually once had respect and attention is my best guess.

Heh, in honesty, I dunno, lighten up. Don't talk about anything to do with games or video cards for 3 months, come back and see how it changes your posts :)

You worry entirely too much about what other people think.
yep.gif

You are starting to come across as the crochty old man of the forum, but maybe I reading to far into things.;)

PatrickL said:
To be blunt, a lot of your recent posts reminds me the tone of my angry ex-wife.

Now THAT is not nice.

Xenus said:
You are starting to come across as the crochty old man of the forum, but maybe I reading to far into things.;)

This ain't either.

Reverend, i never liked you, it's not just lately. Not sure if that makes you feel better?

Well I like the way you post, but I guess it is because I am that way too, and I'd like to post that way, still I realise that if I posted this way peple would not appreciate it, so I restrain myself in an attempt to write down more "understandable" posts.

It might well be because both of us are not from this kind of anglo-saxon mentality, where being more direct is not straight taken as offensive... but I live here and I get it, so nice (as clear as possible) explanation of the point of view has to come out straight at the beginning in order for people not to take offence...

try being a nonchristian/religious person. then you'll KNOW what 'not liked' is all about. the frauds love to make up excuses to abuse/destroy others. what goes on in forums isn't anything significant compared to having your life destroyed by someone who pretends to know god. but you folks never realize that.

Cartoon Corpse said:
try being a nonchristian/religious person. then you'll KNOW what 'not liked' is all about. the frauds love to make up excuses to abuse/destroy others. what goes on in forums isn't anything significant compared to having your life destroyed by someone who pretends to know god. but you folks never realize that.

Oh no.....not again..... :rolleyes:

Back