Too good to be true

Someone offers you a Pentium 4 2.53GHz for $100. They want you to pay via Western Union (www.western

• Total voters

Tahir2

Veteran
Supporter
Someone offers you a Pentium 4 2.53GHz for $100.

They want you to pay via Western Union (www.westernunion.com) if in the UK but do accept Credit Card payments internationally.

What would you do:
Walk away or take the risk?

Depends what guarantees the sellers provides and how easy it would be to retrieve your money if they sent you a 486 instead.

The seller guarantees the Pentium 4 is sealed and offers only the manufacturers warranty.

Via Credit Card it would be quite easy retreive the money back off the seller, via Western Union I would say it would be impossible.

I am going to go with my gut instinct with this one, which is to forget about the deal totally.

I would say it more depends on how important to you that $100 is. If you'll just be blowing it at the bar on the weekend anyway, why not go for it? If it's your food money for the month, you probably don't need a processor anyway.

It is not food money it is money for an upgrade and I dont go out drinking in bars.

However it smells bad and I am now positive the guy is a scumbag no good for anything internet thief... so I think I will go for it cos he probably needs the $100 for his crack habit. NOT ;)

If they're serious, and accept credit cards from international buyers, then they should accept one from someone in the UK as well. They're not losing that much by going that route.

Offer to pay the additional 3% or whatever the charge is that credit card companies make on a transaction so that the seller still gets his $100 (pounds, whatever). If he insists only on WU, walk away.

I'd say the question is:
Will he steal your $100, or has he stolen the goods from someone else?

Neither would be acceptable for me. - Walk away.

Back