Parhelia again?

Matrox's Tech support Manager Haighints parhelia will be out soon:

"Can't comment but if it's anything like the past, you folks should start seeing more leaks coming out from various sites."

Here's another log to toss on the rumor fire, from [H]ard OCP:
Kyle:
You might have noticed that Steve has been driving the bus for over a week now with little sight of me around here. Thanks Steve! You are da man! (We don't care what you wife says.) Our little family here was blessed with the addition of a healthy baby girl last Friday night and she has been keeping us busy. Photos here and here if you are interested. No this time I did not let myself get captured in a picture with my OSX t-shirt on. I wore Matrox this year...

From all the rumours that I have gathered I estimate that this chip should be debuting in the next 20 or so days but your guess is as good as mine,hehe. 8)

Pete said:
incurable, just remember Parhelia (specifically, the top-of-the-line model, which I'm guessing will be the only one with the much-rumored 19.2GB/s), will be very expensive. All signs point to a very fast card, but with a correspondingly high price.
Well, I'm not upgrading graphics hardware that often (roughly every 18-24 months), so I'm ready to spend quite a bit on the individual upgrades, the upper ceiling for my current upgrade was/is around 600 Euro. (~ $460 exc. VAT)

Got a nice deal on the Gainward GF4, paying 450 Euro (~ $350 exc. VAT) shipped, but I'm ready to ditch it, if something much better turns up shortly. Maybe I'll sell it trough ebay or something, might even earn me some extra bucks. ;-)

It's really too bad, I know what I want (mainly high IQ, fast FSAA and dual DVI out) and what I wanna pay for it, now it's up to Matrox to show what they have and if it's still in my range. I hate the suspense. (and the teasers ;-) )

cu

incurable

Back