Anyone renewing their current Xbox live service?

j^aws

Veteran
Mine has just expired, so I guess it's not worth renewing if I'm picking up an X360 in the near future?

Jaws said:
Mine has just expired, so I guess it's not worth renewing if I'm picking up an X360 in the near future?
I believe Xbox Live on the Xbox1 is equivalent to Xbox Live Gold for the 360. That is what Allard has said in recent intereviews--you are a paying customer in their view. They WANT to roll you over. There should be more information on this shortly because I am not sure how that works.

Ps- Someone quote this so Jaws can see it.

Xbox Live on the current Xbox is like Xbox Live Gold on the Xbox360 so you might as well go ahead and renew. You can transfer your current Xbox Live account to the Xbox360 Gold account so might as well keep it to keep your current gamertag.

Xbox Live Silver (free with Xbox360's) does not allow multiplayer gaming except on special weekends (promotions). You'll need the Gold account if you want multiplayer action.

Tom Crews

Acert93 said:
I believe Xbox Live on the Xbox1 is equivalent to Xbox Live Gold for the 360. That is what Allard has said in recent intereviews--you are a paying customer in their view. They WANT to roll you over. There should be more information on this shortly because I am not sure how that works.

Ps- Someone quote this so Jaws can see it.

Lol you're in his ignore list?! why!?

Jaws said:

My understanding is that the best way to go is to link your current XBL account to your online .net account that way all your info is included with your .net info. When you get the 360 you will be able to easily import your XBL account by entering your .net info and *voila* youre all set (instead of tediously typing in all your info with a gamepad ont he 360.)

So the short answer is yes its worth renewing, but also link your XBL to .net ot make the transition much easier.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
your active xbox live account automatically becomes xbox live gold account when the 360 comes out so you can keep the same gamertag. Just go to xbox.com and link your gamertag to your passport.

My yearly subscription also ran out so I'm paying monthly until the 360 Live kits come out so I don't lose my gamertag and get all the free stuff that comes with the 360 kits.

I got another subscription back in July even though i knew 360 was just around the corner because I felt it was not unrealistic to assume the price would rise.

I understand that the live kit over in the US is $59 currently, but is going to be $69 witht he launch of 360, so perhaps you should get another sub now. As Acert said, you can carry it over, so why not? I guess since you'd almost certainly be getting the premium pack, you'll get a headset with that and will therefore only need to pay $59 for the gold sub for a year, so no difference at that point.

Thanks guys, I think I'll just renew it to keep things simple!

Off-topic:

london-boy said:
Lol you're in his ignore list?! why!?

I have my very good reasons why and at his ultimate request may I add. The ignore list with the new forum software is for my benefit and meant to work both ways, i.e. he doesn't exist in my universe and vice-versa. The fact that he *still* can't take a simple *hint*, is just one reason why he's on it in the first place. To put it simply, I do not care to converse with him and he's just making a mockery of the forum function by replying to me. Just let it be...

Paul_G said:
I got another subscription back in July even though i knew 360 was just around the corner because I felt it was not unrealistic to assume the price would rise.

I understand that the live kit over in the US is $59 currently, but is going to be $69 witht he launch of 360, so perhaps you should get another sub now. As Acert said, you can carry it over, so why not? I guess since you'd almost certainly be getting the premium pack, you'll get a headset with that and will therefore only need to pay $59 for the gold sub for a year, so no difference at that point.

The subscription did not go up, just the starter kit.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up, it's not easy keeping on top of pricing structures when you don't even live there :LOL:

Jaws said:

Mine comes up soon too.... If you don't renew it you loose your gamer tag.. I am going to renew mine because I want to keep my gamer tag and you can migrate it over anyway...

And just to reiterate, everyone from MS says it will be MUCH easier ot migrate by linking your current account to a passport account.

J

Back