Ideal existing IPs for Nintendo's revolution

GwymWeepa

Regular
Okay this subject may have been dealt with before, but I was on hiatus from the internet...so I hope you don't mind a thread a bit similar to what has existed before (but if you take offense and decide to delete, please send me a pm). Anyway, I was reading a review of Black and White 2...and the reviewer mentioned NEVER having to use the keyboard for the game. Everything that can be done could be done with the mouse. Well, wouldn't this just be ideal for the Nintendo revolution?

What other titles can you think of that would require very minimal modification to become an intriguing and engaging title on the revolution?

A bump for a decent thread...

a couple more ideas:

Super Monkey Ball...

and an old-school similar game, Marble Madness.

=D Oh, and Duck Hunt.

Virtua Cop and the like (House of the dead, etc)... Though those are of course only variants of Duck Hunter, which was already mentioned.

Personally I want to see an RTS where you select troops and send them off to battle etc by wavign the wand around. (Pikmin 3 is probably a certain, though I prefer tanks and nukes and stuff like that over weird plants, heh.) Nintendogs and the like could also be done with the wand, and in fuller 3D than on the DS.

I think that it may be more than we think, once that we still dont know every controlling thing in the Rev (in the DS they only revealed the DS feature, and the rest a good time after.

With the rights features ( 1 e.g. in my sig) every game could be very well in it.

By now tennis, action (PoP like), FPS... I think that most games in genres already done could be played well IMO, althought some additions could bring even more inovation.

Here's the winner of PGC revolution dream game contest:

The Samurai of Pinball

By Vitor Takayanagi

Gameplay and Controls:

OK, how does this game work? Simply put, you play as Will inside the Pinball table, in a third-person view, hitting the Pinball in any direction you want, making points. There is a delimited area in which Will will be able to move (the Moving Area), and that area is near the out-hole. Well, it’s where the Flippers used to be, but the only Flipper is Will’s sword.

As you probably notated, Will’s sword is the Revolution controller itself, and after any movements you make with the controller, Will repeats your move, hitting the ball in any direction you want. Depending on the way you hit the ball, it goes in a different direction and with a different effect. For example, if you hit the ball with a right-to-left horizontal move, the ball will go to the left; if you add a twist, it may gain an effect and make a curve in its trajectory. That way, you would have an absolute control over the ball, sending it wherever you like – and mastering effects would help hitting a specific bumper to get even more points. You would also have to hit the ball in order to keep it from falling in the out-hole – like any other pinball game.

What if you don’t hit the ball and the ball hits you? Well, Will loses some life points, and when they reach zero, you lose. And some different effects may happen depending on the ball – a very heavy ball would run over Will and go straight to the out-hole; a light one would be bounced back to the table.

That’s how you hit the ball, but it’s not just that. This game would use the nunchuk-analog-control accessory to move Will inside the area where he is trapped, and the size of the area would vary from table to table. You would want to move Will to throw the ball at different spots and to get more freedom to protect the ball from falling in the out-hole.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/specials.cfm?action=profile&id=577

Evil_Cloud said:
StarFox
Zone of The Enders (twin controllers = twin arcade sticks)
Mario Party, obviously
Wario Ware

Does Zone of Enders use something like the Dreamcast Virtual on sticks? I was thinking that something along those lines would be neat on rev, but figured it would be too obscure for most to recognize.

OICAspork said:
Does Zone of Enders use something like the Dreamcast Virtual on sticks?
No. The control scheme is quite conventional, stick to move along X-Z plane and two buttons to fly along Y-axis.

Clashman said:
and some sort of Star Wars Jedi Knight game with an emphasis on the swordplay.
oh lord, could you imagine the "star wars kid" with a revolution controller?
JizLane.gif

a couple more ideas:

Super Monkey Ball...

and an old-school similar game, Marble Madness.

=D Oh, and Duck Hunt.

*laughs*

Super Monkey Ball *check*
Marble Madness *check* (Kororinpa: Marble Mania)

it looks like, assuming the Saba de Amigo rumor pans out, the only remaining thing from my initial wish list is Duck Hunt...

Though I'd also like some sort of stand attachment for two wiimotes to play a new Virtual on game too.

IMO nintendo should forget emphasizing bringing existing IP to the Wii (such would be nothing more than an "evolution" than a "revolution"..) and learn to build some new in-house IP..

How many Marios, Zeldas, Metroids & Pokemon's (across multiple titles, across multple platforms, across multiple decades, ad infinum...) will it take before they finally decide to create some new IP...?

:cry:

IMO nintendo should forget emphasizing bringing existing IP to the Wii (such would be nothing more than an "evolution" than a "revolution"..) and learn to build some new in-house IP..

How many Marios, Zeldas, Metroids & Pokemon's (across multiple titles, across multple platforms, across multiple decades, ad infinum...) will it take before they finally decide to create some new IP...?

There was a good blog entry somewhere detailing this problem. Wii and DS are targetted at the same market and, all Nintendo seem to be doing at the moment is porting DS games to the Wii. They aren't actively distinguishing the two consoles so are hurting their own market share.

It seems people at Nintendo just don't have the cool factor to be able to come up with good original IPs for Wii. Look at what they came up with so far...Excite Truck and War Hammer...ugh. Day of Disaster looks interesting, but I have a feeling they're going to f*k it up. Midnight looks interesting but I feel the same way about that too. They should really hire me to be a game director. ;)

Back