Just another example why many humans fail at life

Acert93

Artist formerly known as Acert93
Legend
Not all people mind you, but too many.

My little brother-in-law, 17 years old, was riding his bike home from work. He has worked at a small independant grocery for the last 18 months on clear nice days rides to work and back on a bike. No big deal.

Well, two weeks ago some lady in a Ford Tarus decided that he was too slow and passed him 1.) with oncoming traffic in the other direction and 2.) in a no passing zone.

WHACK.

Yep, she hits him. The blessing was that it was the side of the car that hit him, in particular her passenger side mirror. It got up under his arm and yanked him off his bike--he was not pulled under the vehicle, although the bike was not as fortunate.

So he is tossed into the shoulder right next to the line, all dazed, with cars coming from the same direction. He was really shaken and hurt (but no real injuries) and laying there in shock. He said he had no clue where he was and his vision was blurry.

The other car? It did a U-turn, drive by him, took a look, and speed off. :devilish: He could see it was a lady but could not make out the color of her hair or anything.

Thankfully the lady behind this car stopped and pulled over (she witnessed everything and vouched for it to the police and confirmed it was a Silver Tarus).

If it were up to the driver who hit him he would have been left there, without care, and no knowledge if he ha serious internal injuries, broken leg, broken hip (which can be very bad), concusion (could have then wandered onto the road), etc... She was leaving him there for OTHER cars to hit. :devilish: WHAT A SCUM BAG!

Like all careless drivers she deserves a fair punishment for being careless. Most people, at one time or another, made a stupid mistake on the road. Whether it lead to an accident or an injury is another point but I think we can all think of at least one time we did something dumb on the road. Not an excuse--we are responsible for our mistakes--but an understanding. You did something stupid, you should pay.

No problem with that. Idiot drive, lose your car. All is good.

The part that gets me is the INHUMANITY! You run over someone on the road due to being a complete moron. Ok, stupid things happen... but then you don't have the guts to make sure your idiot mistake is not worse? Your insurance/car/money is more important than to ensure the person you injured gets proper care and does not die?!

Someone like this is a failure at life. You lose. Game over. There is absolutely no reason, not excuse, no justification for hitting someone with a vehicle and leaving them on the road. It is not only illegal, it is a scummy thing to do.

The driver's passenger side mirror was broke but so far they have not found the person and from chatting with the police it is not a priority and, statistically, will never be found. It is appauling how often this happens. Integrity is one of those basic human "higher principles" that separate us from animals. Doing the right thing even when no one is watching or it results in a negative for us. Yet people struggle with this.

Absolutely shocking and selfish actions like this tick me off. Even though he is fine I would say, personally, someone like this deserves to spend a lot of time behind bars. Not for the poor driving, but the fact they could wrong someone and leave them for dead because "my car/insurance > someone's life". Just unbelievable.

Man i'm not sure why but i COMPLETELY missed this thread...

Inhumane is an understatement, your bruv-in-law could have been in any kind of state after she hit him and she just left him there.

Don't know how some people can sleep at night.

our nature is to be selfish self-absorbed inhumane animals, like no other.

my car insurance is > than your life

Thankfully there were some people who were not like that and this is why the society we live in today managed to move on to this level where we do not kill each other over a spat on a regular basis (at least most of us don't). However it is still standing more by inertion than by intent from majority of citizens. Just look at New Orleans post Katrina for ideas of how full of integrity a good % of the population is.

Acert93:

Your story is very similar to something that happened to me about 2 years ago. A friend of mine and I were biking home from college as we usually did. This was in the evening, but on a well lit road and we were wearing reflectors/helmets/etc. We were stopped at a 5 way intersection for a red light. The road we were on split two ways with the cross street going through. The left lane (where we were) is for left turns, or going slight left or slight right onto the two split streets. The right lane is only for right hand turns onto the cross street.

As I said, my friend and I were stopped in the left lane at the red light with a couple of cars of traffic both infront of us and behind us. We needed to go slight left so we couldn't ride on the side of the road as we usually do or we'd have to cross against the people that are taking slight rights from the left lane.

Anyway, once the light turns green my friend and I start going. I try to go fast whenever I'm at a stoplight so that the traffic behind me doesn't get stuck at the intersection, so I was moving a bit faster than my friend. The woman in the car behind us apparently felt that we were moving too slow, and pulled into the oncoming traffic trying to beat us through the intersection. She beat him, but not me. As I entered the intersection she's next to me on my left side in the oncoming traffic lane and wants to make a slight right turn, but I'm going slight left. She ended up trying to pull it off anyway. It was bizarre, the entire thing happened in slow motion. I remember looking over into her eyes as she did it, and she just had this wierd blank look on her face as she stared at me. Anyway at this point I had enough sense to realize she was going to go through with it and leaned hard into her car. I bounced off it a couple of times, but mostly managed to scrap along the side and stayed up. Had I fallen I probably would have been run over by either her or the traffic that was following us.

My friend tried to chase after her once he saw that I was still up and not in any immediate danger after it was over. She gunned it though and we weren't able to get a license plate number.

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
My friend tried to chase after her once he saw that I was still up and not in any immediate danger after it was over. She gunned it though and we weren't able to get a license plate number.
:devilish:

From what I understand people running away from hit-and-runs is pretty common. The only cases the police really persue are ones where there is serious injury or death. Kind of ticks me off. Stop chasing speeders and start focusing on wreckless criminals who could give a darn about whether they kill someone. Just unbelievable IMO.

People who hit-and-run should lose their license indefinately IMO. I don't care if the person is not hurt. If you hit someone and you leave the scene of the crime without administering aid you are scum and have no right to be on the road.

I am glad you came out of it ok Nite_Hawk. Like you said, if you had got drug under the car you could have been seriously injured, or worse, left in the middle of the road and hit by other traffic following her. When I was in school I saw a girl get hit by a Ford Bronco. She was crossing right next to a crosswalk in a school zone. She was on the far side from the intersection of the crosswalk (if that makes sense). I was on a bus going home, sitting in the bus loading zone. Anyhow this guy comes speeding down the road "revving" his engine and make a fast sharp turn into the intersection and WHACK. The guy hit the girl. Worse yet her backback catches the bumper and she got sucked under the vehicle and under a tire. The guy braked and eventually her backpack broke and she then bounced under the Bronco. It was pretty sad seeing her laying the in road with a pool of blood under her head. She lived, but she had a leg severely broken and 9 broken ribs and all kinds of severe laceserations. At least the guy stopped.

Kind of makes me upset that someone like that, who was being an idiot, would probably lose their license, get nailed in insurance, probably fined, etc... and yet people who hit and run frequently get away with it. The gentleman who took responsibility did the right thing and paid for the consequences of his actions. He can learn from his actions and stop being an idiot drivers. Those who run away are not only idiot drivers but scum of humans... so yeah, no car ever again + some prison time seems appropriate for any hit and run if they find them later.

Anyhow, glad you came out good. As the above story shows it could be a lot worse, so you were blessed!

The hit and run driver is beaten by few other things on the big contemptibility scale, a few of them being the rapist, and the drunk driver. Yet, to strike someone with an automobile (particulary an unprotected pedestrian/bicyclist/rollerblader/skater etc) and then take off, is pretty damn cowardly.

This is part of why I find christianity so lame btw, because these people, when they do something like this, they'll start worrying about their own hide (ie: going to HELL when they die), so they'll go to church, sit through a confession, and then receive forgiveness and absolution and blah blah blah.

Blaha blaha I say to that! You can't be absolved of nuttin' unless you get it from the person you wronged! Burn in hell you bastard! :devilish:

There have been worse things.
Man hit and left lodged in windshield to die

A chilling quote:
Mallard has told police that for the three days Biggs was in her windshield in her garage and still alive, she "visited" him from time to time to say "Hi." On those occasions, Biggs allegedly pleaded frantically to Mallard, but she ignored his pleas and simply told him "sorry."

People who do this aren't failing at life.
They are failing at being HUMAN.

Guden Oden said:
Christianity rant?

Uhm is it me or did that post come out completely from nowhere? Like a wormhole just opened here and a load of crap fell through it directly from the Shit Dimension.

Really, i'm the last one to defend christianity, but... what the hell are you talking about?

Are we going to blame religion for hit-and-run accidents? Does this thread need to turn into a religion bashing thread? We don't know if the bitch was catholic, muslim, fucking buddhist or even agnostic for all we know!

Come on Guden you're better than that.

Back