New 'ATI' slides showing marketing information, post X1000 launch

thatdude90210 said:
Friend of mine does that with his favorite football team all the time. When they win, it's great. But when they lose, they suddenly become the "worst team in the league."

Well, yeah - it's a fan's prerogative to moan about his team. :mad:

As regards Hellbinder, he was much the same after the release of R420 as I remember (though perhaps not quite so vehement). Unrealistic expectations and all that.

I'm sure he'll be back on board the red team when R600 is on the way. ;)

thatdude90210 said:
Friend of mine does that with his favorite football team all the time. When they win, it's great. But when they lose, they suddenly become the "worst team in the league."

Yes, my dad and grandfather were that way too. Viciously even at times.

Their team? The Pittsburgh Steelers of the '70s. I kid you not. :LOL: They were mostly reduced to just predicting imminent disaster that almost never happened. "They're gonna blow it yet, just you watch!" "Grandpa, they're up by 21 in the fourth quarter!".

Last edited by a moderator:
geo said:
Yes, my dad and grandfather were that way too. Viciously even at times.

Their team? The Pittsburgh Steelers of the '70s. I kid you not. :LOL: They were mostly reduced to just predicting imminent disaster that almost never happened. "They're gonna blow it yet, just you watch!" "Grandpa, they're up by 21 in the fourth quarter!".

LOL. Go Steelers!!!

Actually, that is the exact frame of mind in which I watch their games now. Then again, I became a fan in the 90s... :p

Maybe HB is frustrated that he can't make sweet love to his XT just yet? .. don'tcha worry sonny, all in due time.. all in due time..

I don't know why Hellbinder is so disappointed. I mean clearly he should have seen this coming with all of his super secret inside sources. ;)

I somewhat wonder if HB was in fact expecting R520 to be R580. There is some evidence in his earlier posts to this effect, triple the shader power, etc.

ERK said:
I somewhat wonder if HB was in fact expecting R520 to be R580. There is some evidence in his earlier posts to this effect, triple the shader power, etc.

You guys are putting way too much thought into this. The guy just likes to b**ch that's all ;)

Back