G4 talks about this weeks x05.

I thought it was just funny. Did you notice when they started talking about the xbox 360, they put "Microsucky" on the screen? :oops:

OMG! That was hilarious! G4 seems to be colored unimpressed...big time.

I gotta admit...PDZ leaves me wanting, but there were still some goodies at X05...Mass Effect, Too Human, GoW, and 2K6 all looked gravy to me.

However the letdowns with PDZ, and GRAW totally killed any buzz I was getting. I tried to give PDZ another chance and although it's no longer utterly appauling to me it is still way wasy below what I expected of this game. There's only one question I want answered. WTF happened? C'mon Rare don't BS me. WTF happened?

Even if they were right, they approached it in an entirely inappropriate way. And yes, I'd say the same for G4 railing like this on any other company. The whole thing just screamed "insecurity" to me.

That guy doing the commentary, he's the one in Attack of the Show right? Isn't he an unabashed MS hater.

heavenlyglory said:
That was seriously pathetic..

Crackdown the most impressive game huh?...This is a joke.
I have not listened to it (I avoid G4 interviews/media!), but if that is true.... :oops:

Kameo, Oblivion, and PGR3 off the top of my head, based on what we known about their game design (AI, game mechanics, etc) and what we have seen of their graphics, immediately come to mind as titles that stick out a hundred times more.

And if I spend 2 seconds I would start adding a lot more titles like NBA2K6.

Further, unless they saw a whole lot behind closed doors we did not see, you have to consider Too Human and Bioware's new RPG--both of those looked HOT and sounded very impressive in ambition.

Crackdown? Comic Book GTA knock off.... Call me a snob, but that does not sound great.

Oh well, GTA is one of the greatest selling games this last gen so the idea of a GTA-genre like game but set in a new setting may really geek them out.

Typically I try not to get too excited until we see real gameplay and get a good idea of the final product. Not sure how Crackdown can be more impressive than some really neat next gen games either coming at launch or in 2006.

No accounting for taste I believe.

3roxor said:
It's just unprofessional..although it's true that M$/Xbox360 just failed to impress.

Failed to impress? For you probably...

Mass Effect and Too Human alone should've impressed gamers around the world.

Kameo, Oblivion, PGR3, and NBA2K6 gameplay vids added to the MS/Xbox360 hype. X05 was far from a failure IMO.

Acert93 said:
I have not listened to it (I avoid G4 interviews/media!), but if that is true.... :oops:

Yeah, in response to Peter Moore saying "videos are videos..they shouldnt ever be compared to actual gameplay"

The guy sarcastically agrees and says "Take the most impressive looking game at X05, Crackdown.." and proceeds to show some cut scene or something from it.
Then said something like "When we asked if thats actual gameplay, they hid behind the "Well thats the way its going ot look in gameplay" smoke and mirrors."

You really have to see this to believe it, the guy is trying so hard to just trash the 360.

The guy never mentions ANY other games which were incredible and playable (with the exception of PDZ which he only mentioned because he was dissapointed).

It's just bad man. I'm wondering how he got the green light to do what he did.

And his bit about the blu-ray..wow.

I hope Moore or Allard addresses this segment at some point.

heavenlyglory said:
Yeah, in response to Peter Moore saying "videos are videos..they shouldnt ever be compared to actual gameplay"

The guy sarcastically agrees and says "Take the most impressive looking game at X05, Crackdown.." and proceeds to show some cut scene or something from it.
Then said something like "When we asked if thats actual gameplay, they hid behind the "Well thats the way its going ot look in gameplay" smoke and mirrors."

You really have to see this to believe it, the guy is trying so hard to just trash the 360.

The guy never mentions ANY other games which were incredible and playable (with the exception of PDZ which he only mentioned because he was dissapointed).

It's just bad man. I'm wondering how he got the green light to do what he did.

And his bit about the blu-ray..wow.

I hope Moore or Allard addresses this segment at some point.

The guy is a PR monkey for Sony, period. The interview was biased as hell and makes you wonder if he doesn't consider MS/Xbox360 a threat, why bash it the way that he did?

He never mentions the gameplay vids of Oblivion, Kameo, PGR3, NBA2K6 or SK showing of Too Human and Bioware's new IP Mass Effect.

The guy is a joke and such a biased fanb0y that he can't even conduct an interview that isn't slanted, really sad and pathetic.

G4 TV is on the decline. People who used to watch Tech TV (before they merged) should know what I mean. The channel as a whole has been descending into Shock, Tits & Ass, Cars and Console vs Console media. The shows they create and the commentaries that they do are made to get a reaction, not to inform you (Like every other channel on TV).

Saying all that, It shouldn't be a surprise that a show that claims to get Illegal Media, Software and stuff like that before they dissapear on the net. The whole channel is being turned into a male oriented ~EXPLOSION~. The type of channel where they honestly try to make your eyes dialate and give you siezures with all the real cool content they air.

Suffice it to say, i'm not to surprised with this video. Its the type of stuff you would expect from G4TechTV.

Crackdown isn't just the most impressive XB360 game, it's the most intresting game revealed so far for any system. Up to this point Crackdown has blown away everything on the 360. Gameplay is king and Crackdown will have it in spades.

Brimstone said:
Crackdown isn't just the most impressive XB360 game, it's the most intresting game revealed so far for any system. Up to this point Crackdown has blown away everything on the 360. Gameplay is king and Crackdown will have it in spades.
Are you basing this on a gameplay video or what the publisher has said?

All I have seen is the screenshots and the admission from Rockstar that it wont be visually stunning due to the genre limitations so they are taking a more "stylistic". And all I can gather is that it is a GTA knockoff (plenty of those around) with a super hero/comic book twist.

So how has this "blown away everything" on the 360? We have not seen anything gameplay in action nor received any definite fine/specific details on how the game will work (let alone if it will be balanced, engaging, fun, etc).

I agree gameplay is king, but I am at a loss how a game with no actual gameplay footage can be said to be blowing away games that have some pretty good gameplay. Off the top of my head Kameo and Oblivion seem to raising the bar in the gameplay in their respective genres, likewise CoD2 and PGR3 seems to be an evolution in theirs.

I am interested: What specifically about Crackdown have you seen/heard that gives you the strong impression it has?

Acert93 said:
Crackdown? Comic Book GTA knock off.... Call me a snob, but that does not sound great.

Oh well, GTA is one of the greatest selling games this last gen so the idea of a GTA-genre like game but set in a new setting may really geek them out.

Typically I try not to get too excited until we see real gameplay and get a good idea of the final product. Not sure how Crackdown can be more impressive than some really neat next gen games either coming at launch or in 2006.

No accounting for taste I believe.

With all do respect, calling Crackdown a GTA knock-off, when the creator of GTA is making the game, seems slightly off. I wouldn't doubt for a moment, hearing the glowing reviews/hope for the game that it might possibly be a system seller for next Xmas.

Kevin Perera is the guy or something spelled similarly. I saw some of the interview on TV, didn't download it, so I can't say I've seen the whole things.

A few of the things I've gathered from watching (I have no clue why I watch that channel... I need TV sound in the background though... too used to it) G4 about Kevin. To start, he's a gaming noob... sorta... outside of FPS or MMOs he seems absolutely clueless. He seems to pic a console to mock. I'm not aware of the full story, but he's apparently thuroughly pissed the Gamecube fans this gen. I imagine 360 is next? Finally, his taste suck!! Anyone who thinks DMC3 is bad must have bad taste!! LOL

Seriously, though, I think the guy's just having a knee jerk reaction to the event and, I imagine, the incessent ******s saying "WE HAVE GAMES SONY JUST HAS VIDEOS" that I'm sure the forums at G4 have. Last I recall, they're IGN-esque, so I'm sure you can sympathize. I think he just got fed up and decided to call out some of the stuff, i.e. "MS showed video too, so shut the BLEEP up". A poor choice to use Crackdown as an example, though. In the end, it was probably just something to stir up the boards / gaming forums... bad press is still "good" press, and so forth.

Acert93 said:
Are you basing this on a gameplay video or what the publisher has said?

All I have seen is the screenshots and the admission from Rockstar that it wont be visually stunning due to the genre limitations so they are taking a more "stylistic". And all I can gather is that it is a GTA knockoff (plenty of those around) with a super hero/comic book twist.

So how has this "blown away everything" on the 360? We have not seen anything gameplay in action nor received any definite fine/specific details on how the game will work (let alone if it will be balanced, engaging, fun, etc).

I agree gameplay is king, but I am at a loss how a game with no actual gameplay footage can be said to be blowing away games that have some pretty good gameplay. Off the top of my head Kameo and Oblivion seem to raising the bar in the gameplay in their respective genres, likewise CoD2 and PGR3 seems to be an evolution in theirs.

I am interested: What specifically about Crackdown have you seen/heard that gives you the strong impression it has?

I think your first mistake is thinking you heard something from Rockstar, as opposed to David Jones and Real Time Worlds.

Back