"it plays in high definition and high drama"

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1223&Itemid=2

That is a classic.

What the hell is high drama?
metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20050916043110848.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Powderkeg said:
Ummm, yes.

Being technical, cell in the PS3 is a single processor, no matter how it's internal architecture is designed.
Ummmm, no. Both consoles have a single chip CPU. One chip. One IC. One little collection of silicon. Both of these have multiple processing elements inside which can do the same tasks. Both have a single FSB to interface with the rest of the machine's components. There is one processor (CPU anyway. The GPU's are also processors). Unless you have information that MS are pulling a Sega and quickly throwing in some new processors...

Shifty Geezer said:
Ummmm, no. Both consoles have a single chip CPU. One chip. One IC. One little collection of silicon. Both of these have multiple processing elements inside which can do the same tasks. Both have a single FSB to interface with the rest of the machine's components. There is one processor (CPU anyway. The GPU's are also processors). Unless you have information that MS are pulling a Sega and quickly throwing in some new processors...

I think the general perception from the public is that 360's processors are 3 separate processors linked together.

I hope a mod brings back those "PR Only" threads. Maybe even as a sticky? Swarm season is upon us and they'd make good fly paper. :)

Shifty Geezer said:
Good work Acert. As long as we're being inundated with nonsense it may as well be good fun nonsense! :D
I am thinking everytime someone posts a stupid thread I am gonna post that ;) It could be my form of the "penalty box". I should run for forum moderator... oh wait, there would be a revolt if that happend Muwahahaha

"You got Aced" :LOL:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

i didnt think it was THAT bad to banned about
anyway, ps3 rocks! all heil stinger!

Haha too funny. They banned you for a satire? Too rich! From what I have seen of GAF and IGN and the like is super trolling/battlelines from established camps... hey, that is where all the new members are from... ahem, anyhow, kind of funny they would ban someone for MOCKING everyone in the industry!

I am an equal oppurtunity basher... I am not racist, I hate everyone!

Shifty Geezer said:

Read my second post.

Newsflash: PS3 one third as powerful as competition
Sony CEO admitts CELL said:
Tokyo (Reuters) - Sony CEO Howard Stringer, in a display that would make any prozac loving bi-polar American blush, has made a complete about face in regards to the new Playstation 3 CPU known as CELL.

"We thought it was this great, supercomputer chip. That is what Ken Kutaragi was telling us. Of course we never checked into it because, well, Ken is a genious and I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about. But it has been brought to my attention that the final revision of the CELL chip, DD3, is actually using a Motorola 68000 chip as the PPE and emloys 7 VU0 units from the patented Emotion Engine. The final peak thoroughput for the chip is only 44.8GFLOPs, or about one third of the power of our competitor.

"While this is a significant drop from the 218GLOPs we had predicted for CELL," noted Stringer with a smile, "we are making up for it by extending the most powerful element of the PS2. When developers used VU0 in their games they were SIGNIFICANTLY better than when they did not. So the obvious key to console power is VU0, not CELL. So what did we do? Every developer will now have seven, yes seven, VU0 units. And to top it all off we went old school with the 68000. What self respecting Amiga enthusiest wont be excited with that?" said Stringer in an oddly geeky tone.

"Yeah, the PS3 is teh suck compared to the Xbox 360's hardware," admitted Stringer, "but, really, who cares? Its not like Microsoft can make a profit with better hardware. This is our strategy--force Microsoft into investing into expensive silicon that never pays the bills. It is about the developers, and well, we own them all. So Microsoft is going to be getting a ton of ports of Playstation 3 games and their overpowering architecture will go underused. It really is a genious strategy. All your bases are belong to us.
:oops: Today must go down as the most exciting day in video game history! First MS drops out of the market, and then Sony admits their console is "teh suck" in preformance.

Master-Mold said:
Thats it.

I wanna see a thread where the Sony president says the X360 is more powerful. Someone make this happen! :rolleyes:
Done and Done. You can make all deposits to Acert93. Cash preferred :devilish:

Acert93 said:
Done and Done. You can make all deposits to Acert93. Cash preferred :devilish:

Thank you.

Wouldn't life be more interesting if this were the norm.

Ken Kutaragi-"The PS3 is a turd. The X360 is god like and I worship it as a deity"

Robbie Bach- "Yeah we are launching some crappy games because our hardware sucks. Did you see Killzone 2? Now thats one hawt game!"

People would be jumping off buildngs if this happened. :devilish:

I would like to see honesty in PR.

Sony - It's a Playstation. You know, just like the last 2, except faster.

Microsoft - It's like the PS3, with even more expesive add-ons than Sony has.

Nintendo - Our controller is weird

Back