X1300 PReview a little early ;)

Skrying said:
No.

And that's because they havent annouced them officially yet...

Well Vista isn't officially announced yet either. And if you look at the list it does have the radeon xpress crossfire edition, even though it says the page was last updated Aug. 2.

AlphaWolf said:
Well Vista isn't officially announced yet either. And if you look at the list it does have the radeon xpress crossfire edition, even though it says the page was last updated Aug. 2.

And Crossfire was brought up, and even marketed since almost June I believe.

Yeah, I'll be quite surprised if the x1300 class can do hdr + aa at playable speed. If it can, then that bodes well for x16/1800.

Also, for what it's worth, pcpop has what looks like a preview up:
http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/111/111034.shtml

No benchmarks afaict, but a bunch of pretty pics of the board and two screenshots from AoE3. For some reason, they also put up comparison screenshots from 6600gt. I can't read the language but guess it was meant to show x1300 running sm 3.0 code.

I just had a thought: are those AoE3 pics running hdr + aa? :?:

ZoinKs! said:
Yeah, I'll be quite surprised if the x1300 class can do hdr + aa at playable speed. If it can, then that bodes well for x16/1800.

Also, for what it's worth, pcpop has what looks like a preview up:
http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/111/111034.shtml

No benchmarks afaict, but a bunch of pretty pics of the board and two screenshots from AoE3. For some reason, they also put up comparison screenshots from 6600gt. I can't read the language but guess it was meant to show x1300 running sm 3.0 code.

I just had a thought: are those AoE3 pics running hdr + aa? :?:

nope lots of jaggies all over both the 6600 and the x1300 look at the tower butracies in the first set of pics and the second set the big orange dome.

Interesting how it owns 3dm05 with 2 vertex shaders. I believe this little puffy can be overclocked to a new heights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back